Video Doorbell Feature Requests

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
gunso

Re: Video Doorbell Feature Requests

Post by gunso »

Bruce214 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:16 pm I have a request in that I get tired of hearing the doorbell announce when it happens to connect or disconnect to my network. Is there any way to turn this "feature" off?
This is my #1 request and being able to disable the recorded voice announcements would make this a perfect product for me. It's so obnoxiously loud and it's embarrassing to have something on my house announcing its status to the neighborhood. I'd rather not disassemble it to remove the speaker, as I would lose the ability to talk to people through it, but I may need to.
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

I see that from the original post, feature request #5 has been implemented - Alexa Show integration. I'm able to view my AD110 from my FireStick, provided that in between every viewing, I launch the SmartHome app on my iPhone, view the doorbell and then tap talk. The failed talk attempt seems to reset the ability to view the doorbell from the Alexa show-me command.

Unfortunately, the talk feature in the Alexa function produces no output from the AD110 speaker. I can hold the talk button on the FireStick remote and the display on my TV indicates that it is transmitting audio from the remote mic to the AD110, but no audio comes out of the AD110.

Keep trying Amcrest! This will be really cool when the talk feature works (not just from Alexa devices but from our own SmartHome app as well).

Just don't break the talk feature in the AmcrestViewPro app, which currently IS working!
coastie1649

Post by coastie1649 »

I would also like to echo the many other forum members requesting for API integration for Home Assistant to allow full integration into the software, especially the button press & motion detection
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

Bruce214 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:16 pm I have a request in that I get tired of hearing the doorbell announce when it happens to connect or disconnect to my network. Is there any way to turn this "feature" off?
I agree - same thoughts here.
chadm

Post by chadm »

• Hard Wired Ethernet (Preferably PoE)
  • Flush Mounting in my brick
  • More responsive button
rymiller

Post by rymiller »

My absolute number one request is:

POE