Video Doorbell Feature Requests

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
bryeartem

Re: Video Doorbell Feature Requests

Post by bryeartem »

Yes, we would appreciate a local API to access the sensors/push buttons/settings etc just like we can With the cameras. Integration into smart home platforms with the api would easily make your doorbell a top choice for home automation enthusiasts.
Fourtrax01

Post by Fourtrax01 »

I as well use home assistant and would love a local api way of viewing button presses and motion events in home assistant, also a way to disable the chime during certain hours. I have motion turned down and a small are selected but still get false alerts, person detecting instead of motion detecting would be awesome. Auto display on Google home when doorbell pressed. As well as when you tap a notification in the app it takes you to app and you have to press play to see anything it should take you directly into the video feed if you click a notification.
ScottJD

Post by ScottJD »

1. API for HA
2. A way to backup and restore your settings from the app (I have had to do a lot of complete default resets) this can backup to the SD card.
3. True motion detect alarm trigger for NVR’s that use the PIR sensors to reduce false motion detection on other platforms like HA, QNAP surveillance, Blu Iris , and others.
4. A way to roll back firmware if needed and not just OTA updates. Let me install a firmware bin on the SD card and roll back.
5. A way to download SD card recordings with a light file server to sync the files to a network storage. I could detect a new file on the storage or NVR as a PIR motion recording and send myself and alert for this. This would be a temp work around for #3
6. WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) is great sometimes to enhance night vision but not the best for certain times of the day depending on the sun. I would like an option to turn on WDR when Auto Night vision is activated. And for other times maybe a way to schedule when WDR is active.
7. Local diagnostic logging to the SD when needed to trouble shoot possible issues with the doorbell. This could be sent to customer support, or some may have the tech know how to review the logs and fix an issue without contacting support.
8. Under camera info have the transformer voltage listed. Then it would be easy to see if the camera is failing from the transformer being to week or failing.
9. I am sure I have more.... I’ll update when I think of anything else.
Scott
DaveTiffTaylor

Post by DaveTiffTaylor »

API for Home Assistant

I want be able to Enable & Disable motion detection from Home Assistant. I want to only enable Motion Detection when we are away from the house. Only Home assistant knows this.

Also want to disable the internal chime when we are away (really upsets the dogs), so another API call from Home Assistant required.

Motion detection alarm is sent to Home Assistant but there is nothing available to say that the door bell has been pressed.

This next one really needs sorting urgently as its a real problem

Need to be able to adjust the light sensitivity of the IR, my IR comes on, but it sees the light coming back from object so it turns the IR off. So the IR is going ON & OFF all night

Regards Dave
mfallentine

Post by mfallentine »

API please.

Most importantly button press notification.
tigars

Post by tigars »

Hello, Following a discussion with technical support, at their request I made my request here, It would be interesting to add an option to remove the time and date that is displayed when we use the ad110 with blueiris . Thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is an API that can be ran to remove this and While I have ran the command and did see that it does kind of work as to not showing in my NVR however when I brought up the SH app the time was still there.. Then there was the Question of would it stay on a Weekly Tue 2am reboot that the Camera is programmed and not able to turn off from doing and sadly on a Reboot the setting reverts back to being shown so at this time unless someone wants to run the command weekly it is pointless at this time..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
rjm12rjm12

Post by rjm12rjm12 »

I as well use home assistant and would love a local api way of viewing button presses and motion events in home assistant.
Bruce214

Post by Bruce214 »

I have a request in that I get tired of hearing the doorbell announce when it happens to connect or disconnect to my network. Is there any way to turn this "feature" off?
Cytomax

Post by Cytomax »

I would like to echo Scott JD request for a few features as well

1. API for HA
2. A way to backup and restore your settings from the app (I have had to do a lot of complete default resets) this can backup to the SD card.
3. True motion detect alarm trigger for NVR’s that use the PIR sensors to reduce false motion detection on other platforms like HA, QNAP surveillance, Blu Iris , and others.
4. A way to roll back firmware if needed and not just OTA updates. Let me install a firmware bin on the SD card and roll back.
5. Add MQTT to the camera