Video Doorbell Feature Requests

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Video Doorbell Feature Requests

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I hate to say it but if the unit isn't working with any motion and you have it turned on I would as a First Step remove the camera from my Smart Home app, and go out and perform a Factory Reset.. Then I would wait for it to get things Set back up again from scratch...

When you got the Camera was it still working on the first FW and you updated to the new FW or you still working with a Half Moon Grid for motion detection and not a full Pixel grid? IF after the Update a Reset wasn't performed you might not have Motion working.. You might not have the ability to record over a point of what the Camera knew before the Update...

I can't say this will make your problems go away.. This is what I would do if I had your Problems...

If you are working with the round Motion grid still I would first do a Factory Update of the FW. Then remove camera from phone and go do a Factory Reset of the camera. This is outside on the side of the doorbell camera next to where your SD card goes...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
merkules

Post by merkules »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:35 am Well I hate to say it but if the unit isn't working with any motion and you have it turned on I would as a First Step remove the camera from my Smart Home app, and go out and perform a Factory Reset.. Then I would wait for it to get things Set back up again from scratch...

When you got the Camera was it still working on the first FW and you updated to the new FW or you still working with a Half Moon Grid for motion detection and not a full Pixel grid? IF after the Update a Reset wasn't performed you might not have Motion working.. You might not have the ability to record over a point of what the Camera knew before the Update...

I can't say this will make your problems go away.. This is what I would do if I had your Problems...

If you are working with the round Motion grid still I would first do a Factory Update of the FW. Then remove camera from phone and go do a Factory Reset of the camera. This is outside on the side of the doorbell camera next to where your SD card goes...
Thanks for the reply, and your troubleshooting is exactly what I've done...twice.

The ASP will record 24/7 locally on my computer which is nice, but again it's troubling and disappointing how much motion the camera is missing. People can walk in front of my camera and never be seen.

People are walking dogs and riding bikes without being captured. It's as if it only detects motion from fast moving objects. A casual walker won't trigger any motion detection.
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

We need to combine our two Amcrest doorbell cameras and produce an average. I can’t make my motion detection low enough to be useful. It gets triggered CONSTANTLY by the smallest of movements. I’ve tried changing the distance settings and limiting the grid to a tiny area, but it makes no difference. I get >100 motion alerts every day. I’ve had to just turn it off.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you are on the Grid FW and not the First FW any longer did you do a Factory Reset at the cameras reset button after FW update?

It has solved this issue for myself and others...Just an idea
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
gary0522

Post by gary0522 »

I love to see a new feature added to Amcrest Smart Home App, the ability to download all the clips to ether phone's SD card for later transfer to PC, or PC App to be able to download clips from Door Bell with out removing SD card from Door Bell.
smcneece

Post by smcneece »

Does Amcrest even pay attention here?

Here's some things I would like:

Ability to adjust when the IR lights kick in. I have a problem with mine going off/on all night. I think because of how my front porch is that it messes with the camera.

Location and format/size of the on screen date / time.
cby016

Post by cby016 »

Oliverjschramm wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:22 pm The Smart Home app needs an option to separate the push notifications for doorbell and motion detection. I am constantly getting notified about motion events and it is driving me crazy. There are currently only 2 options, turn off motion detection or turn off all notifications. If I turn off motion detection it will no longer record motion events. If I turn off all push notifications I will no longer be notified when the doorbell is rang. I would like to still have motion recorded but I do not need to be notified. Please help!
I second this. I just installed my Amcrest Video Doorbell Camera yesterday and today I clicked the little motion icon to disable motion notifications. After spending an hour or two setting up my own notifications, I realized that the camera was not recording anymore.

Now in order for the camera to record, I will be constantly notified whenever my kids go in and out of the door. This should be an easy fix. I hope Amcrest is listening and fixes this soon.
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

rctRCT wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:51 am I hope they add support for > 30 character WiFi passwords. Having to make another AP just for the doorbell is really annoying.
Yes, please allow for WiFi passwords to be longer that what it currently is. :evil:
reesericci

Post by reesericci »

I'd really like to see an API spec get added for the push button so it can be integrated into smart home hubs. (I used Home Assistant - issue filed on integration: https://github.com/tchellomello/python- ... issues/137)
Amcrest, you are so close! You have RTSP, all we need now is the Push Button event getting exposed to the API.
stevejaspers

Post by stevejaspers »

Another vote for local API.. would make integration into many automation platforms easier and in the end sell more devices...