Video Doorbell Feature Requests

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
jack7

Re: Video Doorbell Feature Requests

Post by jack7 »

There are lots of AI security camera solutions available in the USA, from cheap to expensive. Here is the the only Amcrest product I've seen with human detection. It may be a IP2M-841 replacement using SmartHome app! :)
https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-SmartHom ... r=8-1&th=1
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I seen that Camera and sadly that isn't in my To Own list.. That camera upsets me a little
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Neukam

Post by Neukam »

I would like to be able to be able to receive push notifications and answer the doorbell from more than one phone and also Amazon Echo Show. Currently only one phone can be logged into the app at a time and receive notifications. The Alexa skill doesn't seem to give notifications or have 2 way audio.
Oliverjschramm

Post by Oliverjschramm »

Neukam wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:23 pm I would like to be able to be able to receive push notifications and answer the doorbell from more than one phone and also Amazon Echo Show. Currently only one phone can be logged into the app at a time and receive notifications. The Alexa skill doesn't seem to give notifications or have 2 way audio.
Regarding the notifications to more than one phone.
If you make another Amcrest Smart Home account, you can then share the doorbell to that account.
This is how my wife and I do it. Funny thing is, sometimes the notifications come in immediately to her phone (shared account) and are very delayed to mine even though we have the same phone and network.
fett327

Post by fett327 »

+1 for FTP support!

This would let me use my home server for storage and I wouldnt need to keep recordings on the doorbell (where they could be stolen with the doorbell)
rctRCT

Post by rctRCT »

I hope they add support for > 30 character WiFi passwords. Having to make another AP just for the doorbell is really annoying.

Also proper Home Assistant or MQTT integration. Having to use a separate Android phone running Tasker to get the doorbell press event is also annoying.
merkules

Post by merkules »

tunnelrat wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:36 am How about increasing the motion detection time to longer than 20 seconds!!!! I miss so much motion it makes this doorbell camera useless! There are many times when it misses large chunks of motion and video while it resets to record another 20 sec. recording. This needs to be changed to a least 60 seconds min.
I would also like this feature. How about a 24 hour recording feature? The motion on my camera is so intermittent and it's set to the highest setting. It catches cars driving by in the street but misses when people come up to my door!

I've had someone take my trash cans, and another delivery driver throw a package on my porch and it was never caught on camera.

This camera and app don't feel ready for the masses!
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @merkules and welcome to the forum. if you desire 24x7 recording, consider an amcrest nvr. i have the ad110 on an amcrest nvr recording 24x7 both regular and motion detected--nothing is missed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@merkules Hello and Welcome to the Forum

As stated before my post an NVR could be something if you don't already have a Recording device. If you have any of Amcrest DVR with IP channels at times they have some that can take 1 Analog channel and give a IP one.. So if you have a DVR and have an open Channel it might be that your DVR will or can also record the AD110 I know that all of my Recorders besides my 2010 unit has a IP ch. Some units will have take a Analog away add a IP and some I have just add IP to the unit...

Another option or might be as I am not 100% sure as I have not connected the doorbell to ASP but did connect my ASH21 to it they are both Smart Home units.. Amcrest Surveillance Pro "ASP" is a Free download from Amcrest, IT has a PC-NVR that you can setup to record IP and analog units.. The only take away here is that you have to have a Computer running 24/7 for recording as it is a Computer program.. But might be a good option while waiting for a Recording unit to get there if you chose to buy one... As I always say Buy more then you think you will need as you never know when you will want to add a camera or 2 or maybe it isn't even want to add but have to add... So say you only have 1 camera now and plan on buying 2 more for your driveway and back yard then you might only need a 4ch.. However if you say wanted to have your doorbell and 3 other cameras then I would buy a 8ch for room to grow.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
merkules

Post by merkules »

amcrest168 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:26 am hi @merkules and welcome to the forum. if you desire 24x7 recording, consider an amcrest nvr. i have the ad110 on an amcrest nvr recording 24x7 both regular and motion detected--nothing is missed.
Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with AMCREST NVR's and POE cameras and have always been satisfied which is why I jumped on the doorbell when it came out.

What's the purpose of having an internal MicroSD card if you're just going to use an NVR for 24/7 recording? I don't have cameras setup at my new house yet, so this isn't an option for me.

Other doorbell cameras I've installed in the past can record 24/7 without the use of an NVR. Yes I realize a 128 gb card would probably only yield 1 full day of recording, but when something's amiss having 24 hrs of video vs. 30 seconds of possible motion if it was detected is better than nothing....

At minimum, there should be more than 30 seconds of recording if there's more than 30 seconds of motion. A lot of these "bad people" like to ring the doorbell and wait for someone to answer. If someone doesn't come then they break in. I guess all they have to do is wait 30 seconds and the camera won't ever catch the break in - assuming it caught motion in the first place.

Revo2Maxx wrote: @merkules Hello and Welcome to the Forum

As stated before my post an NVR could be something if you don't already have a Recording device. If you have any of Amcrest DVR with IP channels at times they have some that can take 1 Analog channel and give a IP one.. So if you have a DVR and have an open Channel it might be that your DVR will or can also record the AD110 I know that all of my Recorders besides my 2010 unit has a IP ch. Some units will have take a Analog away add a IP and some I have just add IP to the unit...

Another option or might be as I am not 100% sure as I have not connected the doorbell to ASP but did connect my ASH21 to it they are both Smart Home units.. Amcrest Surveillance Pro "ASP" is a Free download from Amcrest, IT has a PC-NVR that you can setup to record IP and analog units.. The only take away here is that you have to have a Computer running 24/7 for recording as it is a Computer program.. But might be a good option while waiting for a Recording unit to get there if you chose to buy one... As I always say Buy more then you think you will need as you never know when you will want to add a camera or 2 or maybe it isn't even want to add but have to add... So say you only have 1 camera now and plan on buying 2 more for your driveway and back yard then you might only need a 4ch.. However if you say wanted to have your doorbell and 3 other cameras then I would buy a 8ch for room to grow.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check into the PC app and wouldn't be big deal since I do have a tower running most of the time at the house.

My biggest complaint so far is the lack of motion detection. I've been able to cross the cameras path several times just a few meters in front of it without ever being detected.

I've worked from home for years so I know what the camera should be recording and when it isn't. I'd be concerned if this were my only security camera knowing how unreliable the motion is.

FedEx came and knocked on my door without ringing the doorbell yesterday and no motion was detected.

I have played with motion sensitivity settings from 1-6, and it's currently at 6 (farthest). Any insights here would be appreciative.

Maybe my unit is defective?