Video Doorbell AD110: Transfer local recordings via FTP

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
fett327

Video Doorbell AD110: Transfer local recordings via FTP

Post by fett327 »

Small feature request. I think some power users might find it useful if the Amcrest Doorbell had a capability to transfer local recordings to an FTP server (like many other IP cams already do).
Currently, its recordings are stored locally on the doorbell or on the Amcrest cloud. The disadvantage of this is that if the doorbell gets stolen then the recording goes with it. It would be safer if the motion recordings were immediately transferred to my home server via FTP. Of course, I could pay Amcrest for the cloud service (which is reasonable), but I would rather not if I already have my own recording setup.

Technically, I believe FOSS FTP clients are available which could be integrated into the device software. Likely not expensive or technically challenging.
Anyway, I love your products and hope you consider this feature upgrade!

P.S. Anyone else, feel free to shout out if you also want this feature.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Video Doorbell AD110: Transfer local recordings via FTP

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@fett327 Welcome to the Forum

Don't want to make changes in the software of other things outside of the Smart Home app... Keeping that in mind the Doorbell camera is ONVIF and can work with Blue Iris and or a DVR with IP and or a NVR be it other brand or Amcrest.... So while FTP I do have things that I send there for back up I thought I would also share that there are other features in the camera where you could with little to no money out of pocket...
Be Safe.
fett327

Re: Video Doorbell AD110: Transfer local recordings via FTP

Post by fett327 »

Thats good info. Its too bad that changes to the device software arent being considered, but I guess improvements in that area can be costly.
I will do a little research and see if the ONVIF functionality suites my needs. I was hoping not waste CPU on my server monitoring the video if the doorbell can just FTP what it captures. I currently cant find any doorbell cam that does this and it seems standard on other IP camera devices.
Finally, I will explore the forum a bit more for info. Thx for the warm welcome.