The ability to change Grid View by time of day

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

The ability to change Grid View by time of day

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am sure this is something that is a pipe dream however I would love to have the ability to choose a different grid view at different hours of the day. So on a Schedule I can setup a Grid view on lets say my 4116E-HS and or my 4216E-AI NVR's to look at a 9 grid view of a set of cameras. Then at lets say at 8pm that grid view changes from in my case right now, 14, 3, 6, 1, 10, 2, 7, 11, 15 and at the 8mp I could change it to 1, 15, 6, 5, 8, 10, 7, 16, 2 kind of setup. This way I don't have to make the change in the setting every day I can setup a schedule and it changes when that time comes to change. This way a set of cameras that I don't want to watch all the time at 1 hour however I may want to watch at another hour.

Thanks in Advance.
James
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Re: The ability to change Grid View by time of day

Post by jack7 »

Perhaps you could write a PC script with timers set to allow you to execute API commands to change the desired display at the proper time.  See section 7 , page 140, in API doc.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VM2Tb- ... sp=sharing
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok interesting, I had typed something up. Thought I had tried it over and over again but failed to see the command I was doing was for wrong format of things. after seeing your post I did revisit the CGI and sure I was able to get things to change. I did try for a week but was using the wrong command. Even after I failed for the last week. I think i found where I went wrong and now have to write a couple of files to see if it works as I want them. Thank you for the Great Ideas.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well, As I had first wrote that isn't working as I wanted it to. Seeing I can't figure a away to change the Grid View outside of the way I have it already setup. While I was able to get the system to move from 0 to 1 in the layout in 9 view that only changes the Grid as I have it setup so the other cameras that I want to see from the first 1-9 in the second part of the new layout of 1-9 that is really 8 to 16. I see where I went wrong the first time I tried it I was changing the Tour mode settings even though I don't use the Tour on that NVR so it wasn't making any changes that I could see.

So yeah I thought it might be easier for the R&D to make something in the NVR or DVR, It would be cleaner and wouldn't have to worry about a server to send commands from outside of the NVR it self. I will keep working on this to see if I can hide a different Grid layout that will be able to be called from CGI because from CGI from what I can see it is only calling the second set of the 9grid in my mode that isn't what I am looking to do. I want to pull not only a different view but some of the same cameras that is called in the first view added into the second view as well.
Be Safe
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Blue Iris 'profiles' will do that easily. Just add the NVR(s), then pick and choose the cameras you want to manipulate individually or as a group (or multiple groups) in different BI 'profiles' and set the desired schedules for the different display grids associated with each profile. Much easier than it may sound.

Once the NVRs are added, picking and choosing the cameras is as easy as selecting their channel and going from there with whatever you want to do with them. Any other cameras requiring inclusion that are not directly attached to the NVR(s) can simply be added directly and dropped into the desired group(s).

Here's a start if you're not familiar with the basic process. Fourth post down is a recent contribution I posted over on the Blue Iris forum. I'd be more than happy to assists with the groups and profiles if you find BI may be a suitable solution for your situation.

https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... f=3&t=4387
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thank you will have to look it over.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I will just do it with inside of ASP. Seeing I have all my cameras DVR/NVR already installed and working. I know that I can do it from there on a layout already. Again I was looking for something that was tied to the DVR/NVR rather then having to worry about ASP or BI. I mean even with 5 displays I have them setup for different tasks already. Then if I have to setup ASP and or BI to just have the ability to look at a set of cameras at a time of day. For me have a few Monitors connected to my systems, Sure I have Different display inputs that I could use (I don't as I have most of my systems tied to a KVM already to a smaller monitor) I just wanted my Main View NVR that sits in Center of my Desk to switch views different times of day. I mean I guess I could off what Jack7 said and just setup my NVR's to have different Channels then they already do and setup the change using Scripts. Main issue outside of the 4216E-AI NVR the others are 1/2 and 1/2 POE and makes that type of setup not always easy lol. But I will just work the Solution that way and work in some BI views for other things. BI and I are not great friends lol. I do rely on my DVR/NVR's though and kind of set in my Ways. As Jack7 knows I am not a Big ASP fan either lol. Everything that I want can be done in side of ASP and only requires a click of the Mouse.

Thank you both for the great ideas.
Be Safe
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:01 pm So I am sure this is something that is a pipe dream however I would love to have the ability to choose a different grid view at different hours of the day.
Piece o' cake with Blue Iris. You are one stubborn dude!!! LOL
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Combination of my 4-20 BD and being a Red head I guess will have that effect lol..
Be Safe