SSH to IP Camera

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
EmileIB

SSH to IP Camera

Post by EmileIB »

Hello,

Would love to be able to SSH into my ip camera remotely, and have access to my sd card storage.

When setting up the recordings destination to ftp to my server, some recordings fail to send and get saved on the sd card instead. I want to be able to remotely check what recordings I have saved on there, and re-send rhem to my server.

Regardless of my specific case, I am sure that this feature would be greatly appreciated by everyone, as I have seen many posts asking how to setup ssh connection to the camera, while it not being available.

Thanks you.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: SSH to IP Camera

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

In the absence of any other replies, I take it that you've looked at the SDK HTTP API for your device (depending on the device you can setup for HTTPS connections)

I have to admit it's not something I have ever gotten into myself as the web interface has always satisfied my needs.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03