Sound Alert Starts Record Session

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
allseeingeye

Sound Alert Starts Record Session

Post by allseeingeye »

The ASH21 can alert in "Baby Monitor" mode when an appropriate sound level is detected, but it does not offer the ability have the alert trigger a recording session as with motion detection alerts. It is possible that sound without motion may contain image information that would be useful to capture with a recording session. It sure looks like all the basic functionality is already in the software.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Sound Alert Starts Record Session

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

My guess is that if it had the ability it would have been added already seeing that is already a feature of other Amcrest IP Cameras. I would look into a IP2M-841-V3 it does everything that the ash21 does and even offers the Audio recording feature.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Sound Alert Starts Record Session

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Guess the feature might be there after all. I don't know if you have ASP or not however if you don't I would look into DL it from Amcrest and install. In there add your ASH21, Then go to the events tab and click on Audio and turn on the part for audio. I just tested it on mine by turning off Motion and only having Audio turned on. Had loads of motion and no events recorded I then made noise and there was an event even though it shows as motion event there was no motion only noise. That is for now how I would turn it on until they add the button in the app.
Be Safe.