Snapshots size and number

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
RonM

Snapshots size and number

Post by RonM »

Would like to see snapshots actually work with 1 -3 -5 instead of only 3. Also when doing this how about an option of 1 2 3 4 5?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Snapshots size and number

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure if I understand what your asking.. I can setup my cameras to work with all 3 modes.. Now depending on what setting I have with it I can get even more then 5 images on a long event cycle.. Are you maybe asking about the DVR or NVR in 4.0 format of FW and why there is no longer an area to view the Images within WebUI or even in the DVR/NVR it self?

Maybe talking about having a DVR/NVR setup with 4.0 FW that acts like they are not working or really just no longer working? IF your DVR/NVR is with 4.0 FW you will not only need to have the Image setup in the recorder but you will also have to turn on the cameras jpg/snapshot setting as well even if you don't use a MSD with the camera it still needs to be enabled within the camera if the camera is also in new FW 2019 or newer older FW option don't have to be setup in camera for the NVR to get the image storage.. However one down side to view the Images you have to use ASP or amcrest view pro. ASP is best where view pro you can only search for 10 min of footage at a time in ASP you can search for a days worth and then setup to playback auto or press the next button.. However it has to be setup right for snap shots to get recorded and looking in one of my cameras just now with old FW I would make sure to enable it even in old FW because while some seem to work with older fw others I just found out don't even though I have the NVR to record Snapshots the camera on a older FW camera wasn't setup and no snapshots were stored so I would as I said about NEW FW I would just pick the camera and recorder to be safe... With it setup right one can even get Push from the Amcrest View Pro app to send push images.. That camera I was just talking about I have never setup for Push or I would have known it wasn't working however all the others that I have setup are working as expected...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Snapshots size and number

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also forgot to mention that the ASP can do a Day it also has a Limit of 2000 images if your camera is in a High Traffic area it will ask you to change a lower time frame to get your images under 2000 for the day and camera you chose.. So for one of my cameras I had to setup to search 6 hours or less, if over that time I was over the 2000 images. Other less traffic area I can search a whole day with no issues..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe