SnapShot API

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
williamH

SnapShot API

Post by williamH »

I seem to be having some difficulty with getting the client passwords and keys for my HTTP api snapshot request. As far as I understand it you send a request with no key or secret and it spits back at you some of the security details and info. So far its not working. I really need assistance with the whole process in general. The device model I am currently working with is IP5M T1179E.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: SnapShot API

Post by longedge »

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know about that particular camera but for me http://username:password@IPaddress/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi returns a snapshot in a web browser. This also works for me within an app that I've built for my own use to capture/save a snapshot and then rename the file before exporting it to my webspace.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
williamH

Re: SnapShot API

Post by williamH »

okay thankyou very much I will try that out and get back to you. Its been a month since I attempted it last, I thought I used what your are suggesting before, maybe not. Could be a network issue.