Smarthome AD110 doorbell problems.

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
michaelwilson82

Smarthome AD110 doorbell problems.

Post by michaelwilson82 »

Hello everyone, I'm having a real hard time wrapping my head around some observations with this doorbell camera.
Most importantly, I've been messing with it for a week, getting the sensor setup properly, blocking the road to prevent false motion detection, etc. Here is my issue. It only records 20 seconds, then stops, REGARDLESS of there being constant motion in frame. Our neighborhood has been having lots of packages stolen from the front porch, so I've tested so many times, pretending to walk up and steal from my porch, just to see how well the camera would capture a thief. I'm about to send it back. A lot of these tests, this is what is happening. It triggers motion once I walk into frame.... then, 20 seconds in, stops recording right before I get to the door, then there is a gap in recording while another motion event is triggered, and it captures me walking away, missing the closeup shot that would be so valuable. I don't feel like this should be an issue with such a product. I feel like if motion has triggered a recording, it should be smart enough to keep recording while the motion is still happening in view of the camera.

Also, I see no way of changing from 24hr to 12hr format. I'm not military, and I don't feel like I should have to do any math to figure out what time it is. Also, the time is one hour off, and I found no way to correct it. Called customer support, they were clueless on all of these issues. What is going on here? Can anyone help me out here? Okay, end rant.
Thanks,
-Mike
amcrest168

Re: Smarthome AD110 doorbell problems.

Post by amcrest168 »

hi mike, welcome to the forum. i installed my ad110 this past saturday and i'm not done testing. regarding the 20 second recording, it may not be an issue with me when i also have another amcrest ip camera looking out the front porch that is set with motion detection. i second your request for amcrest to improve a feature to allow the doorbell camera to continue recording while motion detection was in effect.

the 24hr format doesn't bother me but i agree the user should have an option to change the time format. regarding the time being one hour off, did you try the smart home app's timezone and DST settings? i set my DST setting to on.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Mike and Welcome to the Forum...

There are some good points I will try and get that passed onto the R&D department and see if there is something that can be done...

I would guess with others being able to connect to a NVR that this would work with the Amcrest PC-NVR and Amcrest Surveillance Pro. I would setup some sort of back up for sure. One for lack of someone that might just walk off with them.. I have seen some videos from different brand where the Would be thief is trying to steal theirs lol... So a Backup Record device would be good idea... IN my mind first thing I would do get it on something.
Be Safe.
michaelwilson82

Hey guys, here are some updates...
Not that it matters much, but the recordings are actually 15-16 seconds. I received a response via the technical support team which were about as helpful as a glass hammer. They say to their knowledge, it should continue recording if there is motion, however, this is not true. They recommended resetting the camera, which I've done it so many times, if I have to go through the setup again, I'm going to lose my mind. I believe I read that when signing up for the cloud service, it did say something about recordings would be kept at 15 or 20 seconds to save on storage, however I also have an SD card installed, I'd think it would continue to record at the very least to the SD card, but it's exactly the same 15 second clips that are also on the cloud. I did some more tests, sensitivity full, and no dead zones selected, constantly having motion in clear, close view of the camera, and here is what I've found. It will do one of the following...

Motion event triggered
record 15 seconds, then stop recording.
Minutes go by, then another motion event is triggered, followed by a 15 second recording.

or, it will do this...

Motion even triggered
record 15 seconds, wait for some random amount of seconds, usually between 4-20 seconds, then record again.

This is all very random when it triggers motion and when the next recording starts.

Again, like I said, this creates gigantic voids in video when there is motion in front of the camera. Granted, it is a doorbell and not a security camera, but I'd assume Amcrest would have a product that is on par with other brands. When someone (with a different brand doorbell) posts doorbell footage of encounters that they've had, it's a full recording, every single one of them.

If I were to post a heads up of someone stealing packages off of my porch with the Amcrest in its current state, it would go something like this.. "So I just had some packages stolen, as you can see from my doorbell camera, someone parked in front of my house, they walk up my driveway. You can tell that it's a person because they were driving a car, hard to tell though from how far away they are. The video cuts out after 15 seconds, so you can't actually see them standing in front of the camera, snatching my packages, but look, the recording starts again and you can see them off in the distance getting back into their car, making off with my goods!"

Sorry, I don't know why I'm so frustrated over this, it would be easier to just send it back, but I really need to figure out the logic here.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi mike, you mentioned about a lag time between the video recordings. may i know what kind of micro sd card are you using? i wonder if a faster micro sd card could help narrow the gap between recordings. i'm using a sandisk 128gb micro sd sdxc class 10 ultra 100mb/s.
michaelwilson82

amcrest168 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:28 pm hi mike, you mentioned about a lag time between the video recordings. may i know what kind of micro sd card are you using? i wonder if a faster micro sd card could help narrow the gap between recordings. i'm using a sandisk 128gb micro sd sdxc class 10 ultra 100mb/s.
It had the same symptoms before I installed the SD card, so I don't think it's going to matter.
I will have to double check the brand when I get home, but it is a 16GB class 10 I believe. I have 64gb U3 cards coming though.

Just for reference, can anyone else confirm that their AD110 doorbell records longer than 15 seconds? Does it keep recording as long as there is motion going on? I'm still trying to figure out if this is just the way the doorbell firmware is programmed, or if I have something wrong with mine. The tech's reply would indicate that it should keep recording as long as there is motion happening. I can't find any info anywhere.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi mike, i have installed the ad110 this past saturday and the videos have been 20 secs. my son was making funny faces towards the camera and the recorded videos are 20 secs each and it appears to keep recording but saved into 20 secs videos. i had one bad experience with a generic unbranded 32gb micro sd from fleabay and i've learned my lesson to spend the extra money on sd cards. i also recognize all electronic products are massed produced today and manufacturers buy components with different grades to keep manufacturing cost low to stay competitive. if are still experiencing issues after swapping the micro sd card, you should ask for amcrest to send you a replacement so you can send back the defective unit.
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

I have the same problem it misses large chunks of motion between the 20-second clips of video. For example, the mailman pulled up the other day sat in his vehicle for a couple of seconds getting the package he was going to deliver then exited the vehicle and walked up to the door and dropped off the package. However, the only recording of motion I have is him pulling up and it doesn't record again until he is reentering his vehicle to leave. The camera missed him exiting the vehicle and walking up to the door to drop off the package and didn't start recording again until he reenters his car and drove off!! The doorbell camera missed the most important part of the footage which to me makes this doorbell camera worthless!!!! I will be returning the camera if this feature is not corrected!!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Adjust your Motion Grid. IT is set to far out
Be Safe.
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

It is set at close range number 1 why don't they just fix it to record longer? This is the recommendation you have? Don't you think people are smart enough to set gride before they come on a forum? Did you even read what the above post said about the missing video between the 20 motion clips? That alone is usually 10 seconds which just like the above person said misses the person walking to your door!!