Record both streams

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
danwithacam

Record both streams

Post by danwithacam »

I purchased two 5MP Turret cams recently with the intention of saving the HD footage locally on the SD card and saving the sub stream to FTP, so that I still had a backup of the footage if either the SD card became corrupt or the cameras were tampered with.

I was astonished to find that despite there being three destination of choice for saving recordings, you could only choose to save the main stream or the sub stream to all of them!

What is the point in having two streams if you can't even operate them separately?

I expect to be able to save the HD footage to a destination of choice and the SD footage to another destination of choice, simultaneously.

Please add this feature.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Record both streams

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am wondering if you have turned on both Streams? There is a Main and a Sub.. Sadly there is area where you can have them active but within the menus you can have it setup to record or not by manual, auto or off on my other Amcrest Cameras and even older cameras from Dahua from 2012 and on so I wonder if that is one of the issues?
Be Safe.
danwithacam

Post by danwithacam »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:17 pm I am wondering if you have turned on both Streams? There is a Main and a Sub.. Sadly there is area where you can have them active but within the menus you can have it setup to record or not by manual, auto or off on my other Amcrest Cameras and even older cameras from Dahua from 2012 and on so I wonder if that is one of the issues?
Yes, I have both streams enabled... why would I make this post if I didn't have them both enabled to try and save them to different locations?

The fact this doesn't exist is so stupid.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Very Good... Stupid of me to ask a Question about a Feature that don't even live in the camera.. Sorry I was thinking of my over 2000USD Samsung camera that is larger has more power and does have dual stream ability... Keep forgetting that the the others have under Setup, Storage, Record Control the ability to change only what stream you want to record and if you want to setup for Auto, Manual or off...

Option not that you want and again goes with my Stupid Questioning.. But an option while not Practical for all.. Could have ASP and PC-NVR setup to Record Full time and have your camera setup to Record Event from the Sub Stream...

I guess if I had to guess that the Main and Sub is there for Connections when someone needs lower bandwidth caused by bad internet connection or maybe being out of Cell range when connected from outside the home network...

Sorry I will try and Remember to gear my Questions towards Amcrest cameras My Memory isn't what it used to be.. Age is catching up with me...
Be Safe.