Re-work FTP upload

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
msturtz

Re-work FTP upload

Post by msturtz »

My use-case probably isn't unique. I have an outdoor webcam at a remote location, I want to upload a picture once an hour, and possibly more on demand.

The way to do this now is change Interval to 3600, then configure Snapshot destination. Problem is this seems to break on-demand pictures via snapshot.cgi. The functionality is designed to FTP an image every second, or every few seconds, but that doesn't work for me.

My request is to re-work the way the scheduler works (or add an additional scheduler). It should be possible to simply take a picture at a certain time every day, or a certain minute(s) of every hour, and have those events be enabled or disabled on a schedule, like 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.

More importantly, this should not get in the way of any other functionality, specifically snapshot.cgi. Hitting snapshot.cgi should always take a new picture immediately, no matter what Interval is set to, or what the scheduler is doing, and it should support being hit more than once per second if necessary.