Motion behind to pan camera 180

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Motion behind to pan camera 180

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I was working on an idea with one of my 841 and while the idea was great thought sadly the camera don't have the ability that I know of so my idea while I did build a crude circuit and it does work on motion sadly can only tell the camera to move to a set Preset...

So here is what I was trying to do. While i can do it kind of with the help of another camera... Here is the Thought.. Put in a PIR on the back of the camera when lets say you move the camera to the right. however motion is detected behind the camera on the PIR the camera would then flip around to be able to record what it can't see. Then if there was motion again behind the camera would flip 180 to the back position.

So right now if you like I have setup on my Porch have a PIR to trip the 841 alarm input and for the people reading this that have the 841 v3 sadly you don't have a Alarm input connected to the camera like the v1 and v2 do... Anyway that PIR tells the camera to goto preset 4 then camera on ch1 and ch3 if they get motion that camera on ch2 by the setup of my NVR tells ch2 to return to Preset1 As long as FW is working and presets are not all Jacked up after a Reboot this has worked well for me...

How ever I would like to have the ability to have a Camera that if a person walks behind it the camera as long as it isn't alrady in a Motion state will turn 180 to record the current motion.. Then after so long the camera either gets another input by NVR, Alarm, or PIR it would go to that area... To be honest.. While I know some of my cameras this would work with because they know Directions and even have options to show on screen as the PTZ moves. Some have Direction like N S E W NE SE NW SW and so on while some of my others have just little arrow that moves on screen like a Compass would...

I don't know I just thought it would be a cool idea lol
Be Safe.