Love the 841 But needs some features it lacks

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Love the 841 But needs some features it lacks

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I have the 2mp 841 in black and one in white. One with Old FW and one with the new.

So have it working on my CVI dvr right now and thought I would set some things up like I have one of my Large PTZ domes.

On motion from Camera 2 it PT and zoom to an area that I have set in the presets. That works great. however if it don't go HOME after the fact then it isn't doing its job.

So have a Home Position. This is setup by choice of Preset 1 Aka Home. Then it can be a setting to this as the spot it needs to be after the weekly Restart, After a Time from being PTZ from the user, or time after motion of another camera tells it to move.

That would be great. It isn't much to add that code. Please R&D make it so.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Love the 841 But needs some features it lacks

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So another idea that I have.

While this won't matter if there is no home Position or memory of where the last position was.

That would be the ability to get Motion and Zoom to a Location on the screen. While this feature isn't something new my idea isn't mine it is from a Camera I already own. Here is how it works.

I have a Bullet camera 2mp TVI that sadly only runs at 14fps at 1080P so i run it at 720p for the 30fps.. However in the camera menu there is some Options under Special. This option is to Digital Zoom to an area that the camera can see. Then you can pick from 2x to 16x zoom. After setting this it then gives you a Box that you can move to any part of the screen. Then set how long you want it to stay at that position. While it has option of 2sec to 10min that is just not cool lol.. I would say 5 to 20sec would be good I normally set it for 10 and that at times even seems to long lol...

Why is this important? Well because when you want to see something close up you can't always be there to zoom in your camera. or tell it to return home. I really like the Feature on that camera. I have a few of them with this. Some not so High Quality of picture but was when the feature in these cameras was released some 8 or 9 years ago.

Also have an idea that is kind of back to the whole Home position. Motion Tracking I have another Brand Mini PTZ that when it motion tracks not that it is very smooth but it does track then return to last position it was in before tracking started. It would be great if the 841 could do that and return home or at least back to where it started after the Anti Dither setting or some other delay timer.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Love the 841 But needs some features it lacks

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Feature aka Product that I know would be easy to make and would have ability to work all kinds of your 841 type of Cameras.

Outdoor Housing. This housing would be good for the 721, 841, 941, 1051 and the such....

Then to be really cool External IR. While it might be hard to get that seeing the turning would be inside the dome...

Only thing important is small little heater, and fan on board a micro controller that would turn it on and off at temps set.

This dome kit would have Mic and Speaker connections to plug into the camera so we could move them out the dome...

It is ok. I am sure this won't be done. I would guess no one will even pass this to the R&D for consideration or production. SO I will just build one myself. Already have a defunct CVBS 540tvl Speed Dome. I will buy another 841 to install in it lol... I will just need to find the Operating temp of the little cameras to make a Climate controller for it. Don't want to burn up the camera. Dome is made for it so no problem there....

While this is way bigger then I would want to see Produced but it is what I have to work with. I might even try some magic with some other outdoor dome kits. Maybe find one that is deep enough to hold the 841 but isn't 8" like this one I have now lol...
Be Safe.