LARGE Imager

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Cre8tive

LARGE Imager

Post by Cre8tive »

I would like to have a fixed camera with a much larger imager (8K video resolution) and have software PTZ controls with a 1920 X 1080 window. That eliminates hardware issues with PTZ and keeps down costs.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: LARGE Imager

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum

Guess I don't understand what your looking for? Are you saying your looking for a 8k camera that will run in 1080P with PTZ controls? Or you just saying your looking for a PTZ with large Lens? To maybe help with bringing in more light?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Cre8tive

Post by Cre8tive »

The camera would have a large imaging chip, capable of capturing video at 8K resolution, but the signal would be output at HD (1080p) resolution. The camera could be locked down and would capture a large, static image. Then the Amcrest camera software could be used to pan, tilt and zoom the HD "window" around the 8K image. Fewer moving parts necessary, but the user would still have a "PTZ" camera.
Cre8tive

Post by Cre8tive »

And thank you for allowing me to post in this forum. :)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so your looking for something in a Fish eye form that would let you setup the ability to take a Image from 1 Sensor either CCD or Cmos and then within Software be able to move around within the image to give the feel of a PTZ but really your only moving around within the image of a larger frame?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Cre8tive

Post by Cre8tive »

I just want high resolution at a lower price. :mrgreen:

Not looking for a fisheye or affected image at all. Just trying to think through how to get a great, unaffected image at full HD resolution with all the benefits of a PTZ in a smaller form-factor camera that doesn't need to move. Digital zoom looks awful, mechanical parts to move a camera wear out. Imagers with a fixed lens (and the aforementioned software) are the majority of the cost in this dream camera.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

You should be able to do that with VLC media player. I just tried it with an Amcrest 4MP camera video stream and it appeared to do what you described. Of course, 8MP would be better. I set up VLC to receive the 4MP video stream and use the VLC digital zoom feature. Digital zoom is not necessarily bad if used appropriately with enough pixels.
Cre8tive

Post by Cre8tive »

Thanks, Jack. Is 8MP the largest imager readily available?
indianembassyrome

Post by indianembassyrome »

Even though a digital camera is preferred, you can get great results from a smart phone. There are some steps to take to ensure you capture suitable images for large format printing. Make sure your camera is saving the captured images at the highest resolution possible. If you are an iPhone user you can check the done box. The iPhone captures all its images at the highest resolution possible. There are no resolution settings to adjust.

For Android users you can adjust the photo resolution. With older versions of Android you can open the camera app and select “Settings”. There are several different resolution settings to choose from. You will want to select the setting showing the largest size. On the newer versions of Android you can only select a photo format. 4:3 will give you the highest resolution. Click here to read further instructions on how to adjust these