IP2M-841 cameras don't persist motion event regions.

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Darkstar

IP2M-841 cameras don't persist motion event regions.

Post by Darkstar »

This is occurring on the latest firmware software for these cameras - V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03. I set up regions for detecting motion events and save them, but when I come back later to verify if the regions I set up are still in effect, I discover that they have all been removed and reset back to the default, which is Region 1 and covers the entire camera scene. So something is wrong with the persistence mechanism for preserving the user defined regions. Also the user defined name assigned to the regions is lost.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841 cameras don't persist motion event regions.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Do you have your system hooked up to any other device for recording like NVR, DVR or Blue Iris?

Are you setting this up in Chrome? Or using some other device to set up area?

I set mine up after my Last reset of the camera. Since it has had 2 Auto reboots and while i will admit that one of them had my Camera all freaked out in the Position it was in and all the Presets were off. Solved that by doing a Manual reboot. Not sure why it does that...

Anyway back to the Motion grid I only setup one this time and it is still setup where I had it when I went to look just now... So after you set your Grid did you save or Apply as I can't remember how it goes lol... I know dumb question however I am not there so hard to see what is being done....

There is only 1 thing that bothers me with the Whole Motion grid for these little PT Cameras lol... There is no Constant... the ability for the system to pan and tilt without the home position makes it hard for these to be very safe as a Detection method lol...
Be Safe.