IP camera integration for Amcrest Smart Home App

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
zmaj101

IP camera integration for Amcrest Smart Home App

Post by zmaj101 »

I recently purchase an Amcrest A1100 doorbell camera. I love the Smart Home app. Functionality is great and user-friendly. However, I was very disappointed to find that I cannot add my existing IP2M-841 IP camera to the Smart Home app. I really want to be able to access all my cameras in a single app, with access to both live stream and SD card recordings. Can you make this happen? (I am aware I can add both by IP camera and doorbell camera to the Amcrest View Pro app and see live streams, but that app doesn't allow access to SD card recordings.)
amcrest168

Re: IP camera integration for Amcrest Smart Home App

Post by amcrest168 »

i have raised a support ticket for amcrest to look into reinstating the ability to add ip cams in the smart home app for live view only. no eta but the feature was present in prior smart home releases.

consider getting a NVR so you don't have to depend on a sd card for storage.
zmaj101

Post by zmaj101 »

Any update on this at all? This is the one feature I want most.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I can't say this isn't going to happen I can only say they are both from different sides of the game... The camera and other smart home products are able to connect to NVR and DVR on a IP ch but can be damaging if make changes to the items from anything outside of the Smart Home App...

Sad to say It almost looks like the 841's that I have come to love are on the way out. While I hope not but seeing the Invention of V3 it looks like the older ones are going away...

So with that.. If you are looking for a Product like the 841 and while it don't have the cool mount or the Audio in and out or alarm in or out there is a PTZ camera for the Smart Home System.. The ASH21... It has some nice cool features I am guessing so does the V3 but they are not Smart Home driven.. The Ash21 is.. It has person Detection and it works so far for me... I get alerts when there are people that gets into view and no alerts unless there is a person so for me that is a a WIN...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

ip cameras on the smart home app is for live view only--nothing else.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

:) Thanks understand when you said that before... Sadly the Smart home products while I am not 100% sure I think is a Cloud based hardware.. So all the cameras that would connect to the app would need to also go though this Cloud as well.. I am guessing this because there is no P2P or anything that I would need to setup to be able to access this camera from outside my network... Also think about it when the Server went down it could have been for any reason but if you tried to use your device from that app... Sadly it would be same issue now not only will people think that the camera is broke and people run out and Reset and even delete and made life not very happy for a while until the server is back online...

So with that said.. That is why I think it was an over sight they had the ability to load IP cameras to start with...
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

when i first installed the smart home app back in dec 2019, all my amcrest ip cameras were automatically added and i thought that was so cool because now i have one app where i can do live view and do more if the device is a smart home device like the ad110. i do not think it was a simple oversight when ip cameras live view worked perfectly on the smart home app. amcrest support has responded to my ticket and informed me they have it on the table but can't really say when they can reinstate the lost feature.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok understand what your saying.. But I am trying to explain that it isn't something as you keep calling it a Lost Feature... I believe and expect this was an oversight... If we think about how things are going with the AD110 and all the Bricking I am sure they wish it was never built to be used outside of the Smart Home app... However as time has progressed from other companies that have had the Doorbell cameras out for long time and may have even had to wait for some Red tape to let the Amcrest doorbell camera be released I think it was caused as lets try and take this as far to the next level as we legally can... There are other companies out there that have half a dozen or more doorbell cameras some that are Wifi some that are POE some that are JUST POS on a bell platform but shouldn't even be on the market to sale... There are things that are in our doorbell cameras as features that are not even known or released but I am sure before long if it wasn't on this last FW update that feature will be Blocked because while some would see it as a feature others see it as bad for the system if used...

I am not looking to have a Dis agreement over this.. I am just trying to let you know that I wouldn't keep waiting for something that may never happen...

Smart Home App and hardware is Cloud Based and require a server to keep the feeds running in app.. these servers cost money each product that is put on the server cost more money and as more and more Smart Home products are sold there will be the need for more Servers to provide the service to the end user...
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

there is absolutely no need for us to disagree with this but this is a feature i would like amcrest to consider because the full blown app i've see from the oem developer supports both cloud based and regular ip cameras. there is no need for amcrest to maintain additional servers because it's simply a configuration based on the device type. i'm not alone with this request and many others would like to see this lost feature as well.
nixhome2020

Post by nixhome2020 »

I'm new to the Amcrest camera's, having recently purchased Two ASH-26W Floodlight Camera's, two Amcrest IP2M-841W-V3 Pan/Tilt WI-Fi indoor Security Camera's as well as one AD-110 Doorbell Cam (with a followup purchase of the power adapter for the doorbell cam)

I was confused to see that I had to use two different apps on my iPhone or Android devices for these cams. I see I can add the Smarthome devices to the Amcrest View Pro, but lose the features of the Smarthome app.

Two apps for the average user for cameras from the same manufacture, makes for a confusing experience, especially when the two boxes were next to each other on the shelf at Micro Center where I purchased them.

I won't even go into the pain suffered trying to get the Doorbell cam working, and the power adapter purchased from the site providing the incorrect VAC to the Cam, etc... as well as the frustration with attempting to return / exchange defective items....

That said. I am happy with the two ASH-26W's overall. (one had to be returned/exchanged at the store due to it showing only B&W video, and no color) I attempted to exchange it under warranty, and gave up on Amcrest generating the RMA, anhd realizing I'd probably get a refurb unit, I chose to drive one hour back to Microage and exchange it there for a new one.

Last major Gripe... why do can't i save the Password in the Amcrest Smarthome App??????, I am tiring of having to retype the password in on my iphone everytime it seems to want to log me out....

SJ