Garage Door Cam

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Garage Door Cam

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So one of the things I hear others talk about more often then not they got cameras to make sure they put the Garage door down. However if they don't have anyone at home or a Home Automation system it could mean they know the door is up and can't put it down because they would be late to work or a meeting that is more important to them then the door... Just to come home and find the lawn mower missing and the camera they wanted so bad to start with lol...

So how about a Camera that could take input from the user to close the Garage Door? I mean I can Start my SUV while in my cabin over an APP in another city, state or country.

So while I mention Garage Door this would be a Smart Camera type thing, Turn on the Lights, or even have one that is watching the doors that would unlock the door to let the Milk Delivery man in to put the milk inside the door. Sure your door would have to be setup with a Electronic Strike. . But to be honest I am sure it wouldn't be to hard to do.

Oh and if this is already done then ignore the post lol

Just an Idea
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Re: Garage Door Cam

Post by amcrest168 »

i think this is a good idea. if there is a way to integrate a camera into a wall mounted garage door opener that would be great. my garage door wall station has 3 buttons right now. one button for the open/close. one button for turning on/off the light, and one button to lock out. i think it's possible. it would be a generic one that works with all garage doors.

Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So one of the main issues that needs to be understood. While I mention that I can use and do use a normal Door Bell switch to open my door from inside of my Garage. There can be some people that might have limits on if they could work a system as I have asked for....

One take your system. It is a 2 wire system like mine however your door button has some features that can turn on the light, and turn on or off the Vacation mode or lock and unlock like now that system shows the Unlock and that means anything that is connected to the door opener will make it work. With it locked only that button will make it work unless the door was open when you clicked it locked then the Home line in your Car or Remote controller that was paired with your door opener will make them work 1 time to close door until that is clicked back to unlock....

So how does this work... Well there is a lot of things going on really. But one of the things that needs to be understood is that in most cases if you don't have that switch installed you could make contact of the 2 wires and door would open or close. However if that was set to lock before switch was removed it wouldn't work just wire to wire because it is looking for a Connection by resistance to know it should work.... Again this switch behind the plate has only 2 wires. However offers lock out, light, up and down plus stop... All on the Unit not really that switch. The switch only sends Resistance to give the GD unit info of what you want.

While i haven't taking one apart to figure out Light is caused by 4.7ohm and the lock out is on with a 63k ohm and off with 47kohm but it works something like that seeing there is only 2 wires from the switch to the unit. Normally 18 or 20ga bell wire...

Now while all that is said. For a Garage door Camera to work the system would have to be in Normal ready state. This contact would or could be used by a N/O Relay that when in App you click Door it would Close door if it was open or open if door was closed.

Lets take it one step closer to what would be really cool. With AI even older AI a camera could also be setup to work with 2 Cameras one outside that knows it is your car and opens your Garage door because you have setup to do so. One it would know that it is your car because it was trained to know your car. Color, shape, height, width and as a safety LIC Plate confirmation. Then door opens however say your daughter has same car and color. Plate different door stays closed.... Then camera inside after you left someone opened door got out their bike to go ridding and thought the door closed but didn't. Alert to your phone app that door is open. Confirm over camera and click of a button door closes....
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I was thinking about some things about what I would really like to see... I know it can be done. For that matter I could really send some more cat 5 wire over to the Garage and connect to the out put of my TVI DVR. 20 Alarm outputs with the ability to manually turn it on. It also has 32 alarm inputs, Anyway the outputs can be set for N/O or N/C. There is some other things in there that I found interesting and gave me an idea of something to add as well...

So there is a Timer function built in my DVR and that made me think about some extra ideas on a Garage Door...

So to help with the False alerts on the door, You could have a Pressure switch or even a normal Alarm switch could be added to the door. Pressure switch would be as you would guess the bottom of the door and when the door closes it would put pressure on the switch turn a Open to a Close and this could tell the camera it was closed... If you used the Normal alarm switch, you would put it down in the closed part of the door. Door open Contact open and could tell the camera that has a Timer function because the last thing you want to do is have a bunch of alerts going off when you have your kids or Better half moving things in or out of the Garage like bikes car or mower.... However if the timer time expires then the alert is sent to your phone. YOu can then log in to your camera and confirm that the Door is open. If open press a button that would then make the door close...

However there are many ways I can expand this idea as well.... You are having a new System 4 large boxes from Amcrest sent to your home, Your not going to be home so you have instruction on the front door for Mail man to please deliver to the Garage. They press a Door bell button that is connected to Alarm input 2 of the Camera INput 1 is for door open switch... 2 is for Doorbell function. This then sends alert to your phone without delay and you can then view the doorbell camera at the Garage see it is them, Switch over to Garage Cam press the Door Button and open the Garage door and let the Mail man put in the Garage... Once they are out of the garage all while you watched form your phone... You press the Door button again and door closes and your NEW Amcrest system is inside secure waiting for you to come home. NO Porch PIRATE to steal it even though you will have it on your Porch cam still have to Report and deal with them maybe never catching them.... Sorry about Quality of this picture but the 10mb Snapshot was just to large for me to feel like I should upload it so this is now under 1mb
20190822_001124.jpg
20190822_001124.jpg (575.91 KiB) Viewed 839 times
Be Safe.