Feature Request: SmartHome & Alexa show-me fix

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
ExTechjunkie

Feature Request: SmartHome & Alexa show-me fix

Post by ExTechjunkie »

I've found that using the SmartHome Alexa skill to "show-me" the doorbell only works for a few hours after each restart of the doorbell. This feels like a SmartHome back-end issue, like keep-alives are needed or SH server capacity has been exceeded. The doorbell continues to function properly in ever other regard except for that one feature (even if no other feature is used). It reminds me of when mobile phone carrier networks get overloaded (like in times of emergency) and the only way to get service is by restarting your phone.
ExTechjunkie

Re: Feature Request: SmartHome & Alexa show-me fix

Post by ExTechjunkie »

I had a visitor today, and immediately following the button press and call answer, the alexa skill stopped working. I rebooted the doorbell and verified the alexa skill began to work again. After that, I performed another call between the doorbell and my phone and observed the alexa skill broke again.

I'm adjusting my original observation that after a time the alexa SH skill stops working. It is in fact completion of a talking (out of the AD110 speaker) from literally anything other than the Alexa skill that makes it such that Alexa can't successfully connect to the smart home feed until after the next restart.