Dual Port NVR

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Dual Port NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello, So working with a Friend to setup one of my NVR's and while I was talking with him he mentioned that he wish Amcrest offered a Dual Port NVR rather then having to choose POE or non poe only as options. I did tell him there are some out there in the CCTV world and that the option comes from some time ago. I used to have one that was 2 port with option to set different IP for second port and some other options..

So what am I talking about, Well options I know about from my old system was Port Balance and dual IP setup. I am sure there is some other options if there are systems out there with this today.

So why Dual IP setup. Well as you can guess it one would be for your normal network that would be used for access NVR over P2P while away from home or for the people that want to setup to have on the internet with open ports (Not a Option I would use) and the second port would connect to a Switch that don't have access to the internet and the switch is only for connection of Cameras being it over a Router for Wifi or just normal IP and or POE switched ports..

And load balance would be just as it sounds. Port 1 and Port 2 would share same network and say with 16ch NVR 8ch would go over port 1 and 8ch over port 2..

In theory it is kind of like different option to POE NVR and I think to build would cost less then having to put in 8 or 16ch POE Switch in the NVR. 2 ports on NVR no Power switch for 2nd port cost less?

Just an idea
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe