Doorbell feature request to turn off video motion detect and only rely on PIR sensor

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
lonestriker

Doorbell feature request to turn off video motion detect and only rely on PIR sensor

Post by lonestriker »

The video motion detect is mostly useless. I have motion-activated lights that will turn on/off as people or cars pass by. The trouble is, the light turning on and off within view of the doorbell camera triggers the motion detect constantly. I'd rather just have just the PIR sensor without any input from the video detection. If I try to remove all motion detection zones, it never seems to trigger the motion detection at all.

I bought the doorbell with hopes of just using PIR motion detection since it's more reliable for human detection than video. Video detection is fooled by changes in lighting as well as bugs flying into the camera.
amcrest168

Re: Doorbell feature request to turn off video motion detect and only rely on PIR sensor

Post by amcrest168 »

i too was under the optimistic impression that pir was supposed to be smart enough to distinguish between a warm person and a warm headlight. :shock:

i have dialed down my ad110 doorbell motion detection zones down to a small 2x3 rectangle (6 pixels) with the lowest motion range value of 1 to cut down on the number of motion detection push notifications to my phone. it's worst at night when cars headlights are triggering false motion detections. headlights are also resetting the day/night mode of the doorbell resulting in more push notifications. my only recourse is to turn off the motion detection at night and let the nvr records motion detection in addition to regular recording.
DaveTiffTaylor

Re: Doorbell feature request to turn off video motion detect and only rely on PIR sensor

Post by DaveTiffTaylor »

Is there a separate PIR sensor?
bobbost

Post by bobbost »

original door chime does not work
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@bobbost Hello and Welcome to the Forum

SO you saying that your normal doorbell that was working before you installed the camera no longer works?

Need to have more info about what isn't working? Do you have a Multi Meter and know how to use one?

Is your Door system Power Supply a 16 or 24vac transformer with at least 30+VA

Was the Normal doorbell button just removed and the new Camera installed in the place of?
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@DaveTiffTaylor, there is no separate pir sensor.

hi @bobbost and welcome to the forum. i hope you're not shy on words and wouldn't mind describing what kind of doorbell chime do you have if it's digital or mechanical. i have a very old maple chase chimex 08040 mechanical door chime and it works well with the ad110 doorbell but i have to link it either as a 'digital chime' or 'no chime.' i left it at 'no chime' and my original door chime works without fail.