Doorbell AD110 Request

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Jacob

Doorbell AD110 Request

Post by Jacob »

Hi all,

I am using the doorbell now for a few months and I want/needs to have this functions/options added.
When this is implemented, it will be the best doorbell solution.
The requests are not something special, but logic option to have.

1 - After the doorbell button is pressed longer recording, configurable in the app
(Now the recording is stopped when the door is opened)

2 - Wireless Chime
(I can not find a 18vac chime)

3 - Home Assistant:
+ API (Integration),
+ Doorbell button as a binary Sensor.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Doorbell AD110 Request

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Sadly the 18vac Transformer aka Power Supply is only designed to be a backup for people that don't intend to install a indoor doorbell system.. If that is your intent your going to want to buy a 16vac transformer of 30va or better.. So in most cases before the doorbell camera came along some doorbells in the house was 16vac 10va and in this case a 30va for installing with camera doorbell button will be good however if your doorbell requires 20va as I have seen some say they need I would get a 16vac 45va to be safe.. Also I have seen people and I have seen some deny that they use Cat 5 or some other under sized cable.. Please make sure that your cable is sized right for high current constant connection because while Cat 5 might have been ok for 10va Ding Dong bell and even 20awg might have been ok the current wasn't constant..

About the Time it will ring sadly the Doorbell camera because of Design and some peoples lack of understanding of current draw and so on 10 seconds is the longest it can be setup in the camera to send current to the doorbell if it was a Digital doorbell system.. If Mechanical best to keep 3 second default so you don't over drive the doorbell.. If you have your system setup on 10 seconds, pressing the doorbell 4 times in a row after that 10 seconds is able to run will reboot the camera because it has not had enough time to Recharge the Power Caps that keep the Camera running while it is in Button Pressed state..

About Binary might want to think of that as a Add on and I would look into OpenHAB for something that might work and is cost effective. I personally don't use but a friend of mine that has his home setup as a Smart home says he used that..
Be Safe.
Jacob

Re: Doorbell AD110 Request

Post by Jacob »

- I did not mean the ring, but the recorded video, it end to soon. A configuration setting is a great option.

- Hi to use a chime, I placed a relais, so I can use a different voltage for the chime. It works fine. :-)
- I changed the power to 24 volt AC so I can use the 24 V relais with the Chime kit.

- Home Assistant is a growing community and this will sell more doorbells.