Digital Zoom on IP4M-1041

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
jghorm2

Digital Zoom on IP4M-1041

Post by jghorm2 »

In the past, my company has used the now discontinued IP3M-941's and utilized their digital zoom feature. Now that we testing the newer IP4M-1041's we found they are missing the digital zoom in the camera's firmware. It would be great if this required feature for us would be reintegrated into the cameras.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Digital Zoom on IP4M-1041

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

That is a Feature that you would need to pick up a different cameras. The 1041 is the V3 of the 1051 (4MP) the 941 has a V3 of it own (3MP). There is still a Digital Zoom in all cameras connection software from Amcrest either ASP, or WebUI and or the AVP by ap. Only thing with that is it would need to be invoked by the user at playback or live view and isn't something that can zoom and save as a preset.

The cameras while having same type names are by new means anything of the past other then lens MP type, name and look outside of that they are different cameras and the hardware that goes with the written software for Zoom is no longer in the camera.

So if it is something you need, I will admit I don't use Chrome, I just logged into Chrome and found that sure enough there is no zoom even within the software as I was saying. So yeah adding that to the Chrome ability for use with all cameras as you can in IE would be great. I use IE and it will be a sad day when it is no longer able to run the WebUI of my Cameras and NVR's if they don't have the missing features that are still able to work at the time of this writing in IE..

Good Luck
Happy 2022
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe