DC Jack Rubber Plug

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
ArrowJ

DC Jack Rubber Plug

Post by ArrowJ »

I had Annke cameras, but returned them because Amcrest was recommended to me on the Blue Iris Reddit for features, quality, and compatibility. So far I am impressed. The Annke cameras did not appear to be poorly built, but these Amcrest cameras (2 × IP5M-B1276EW-AI and 1 x IP5M-T1277EW-AI) are very nice. I appreciate the all metal chassis, the great packaging, the mounting template sticker, and the many options for using the camera. (I will add this to Amazon after I have used the camera a bit).

Two small.things Annke had that I would have liked to have seen (maybe for future cameras) are the inclusion of a cameras in use sticker in the box, and a rubber plug for the DC jack for users that use PoE. I would pay a couple of dollars to.have them for the three cameras I already bought if Amcrest ever starts including them in their BOM.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: DC Jack Rubber Plug

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

I have many cameras and I have a few cameras that are still installed where I have them exposed to the outside air/rain/snow/humid weather and not one of them has any damage on the power plug. Now some of my cameras have back boxes and some had the ones that came with the camera and the only ones that I have any type of damage from is the ones that were from the camera company back box where water leaked and water pools over long time. All the ones that are exposed to outside look good and still work if I add 12v power supply.

I also have Annke cameras. None of them were POE so can't say about the power port caps. If I had any I would just ship them to you as I personally wouldn't have a need for them. One of my POE cameras you can see. In the first picture you can see one of my Annke PTZ camears and a Dahua Bullet the Annke camera only has cap on the Reset button and power and ethernet is used. In second picture you can't see the cameras but in the picture top right is a Ethernet cable coming from PVC that connects to camera without water boot even. I have some just didn't put it on. Next behind the cable you can see little bit of the white power cable it isn't used but is pointing down. The IP camera is Dahua POE AI. The wires you see there with Power and RG59 screw on connecters are going to a 5mp Annke Camera that has been exposed for a long time and is working without an issue. IN the first picture sure they are under a sofit however on the other side with the dahua and Annke camera is open to driving rain and wind but the Ethernet connection is under the eve so water is less likely to get there.
Screenshot (781).png
Screenshot (781).png (2.07 MiB) Viewed 4986 times
Screenshot (782).png
Screenshot (782).png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 4986 times
Be Safe.
ArrowJ

Post by ArrowJ »

I assumed they were not particularly needed as there are thousands upon thousands of cameras out there without them. It would be a nice touch though. It is good to hear they hold up over time. Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't get me wrong there are times that can be an issue. However I have never found any issue with my Open connections (Not that I normally keep them this way, however out of the many devices I have in my current location there are a good 8 to 10 that are open air installed. The ones that i see in videos or from friends that have had issues either with Ethernet jack or power problems are people that had the connections in boxes that filled with water and the connections were in there for who knows how long before it did it's toll. Biggest issue I have found is people not using the Water proof connector right using the Gasket on the end that it wasn't meant for. I hate to say I have seen people make videos putting them on wrong. However to make it even worse there are some hardware companies that use it on both ends now and that still makes it hard to understand what or how to use it. Normally what happens is they use the inner gasket and not the other so the camera jack just fills with water and the water has no where to go so it destroys the pins on the RJ45 jack. Or they use it right but didn't use bulk cable and the inner gasket don't have a slit so they don't use the gasket and the water fills in that side again with no way out.. Normally this is caused from the Water Proof part being in a backbox that wasn't sealed or had a leak and the water made it in anyway.. In my first picture with the Dahua above the Annke PTZ you can see that camera I installed with a Backbox. Not because I needed the protection. Only because I needed the exit point for other cameras that are connected. I didn't want to drill a bunch of holes. So using the back box and hole the same size of the back hole with 5 Cat5E cables coming out with 4 others going to other cameras.

If using T-111 siding and bulk wiring there are ways to get cables out of the building without even drilling. The Cat5E going to my Annke Analog camera that cable is exiting that way, I have a couple of them exit points as well for other cameras. Just on this wall I have to many cameras that I use this area for testing so I just ran a Bulk exit point. Also the back box lets me move the camera out from under the eve so I don't have to point it down to much and can see to forward point of the property.
Be Safe.