Centralized Featureset for software

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
coop1194

Centralized Featureset for software

Post by coop1194 »

So after purchasing a few cameras, and having some of my own, I was surprised to find that the standard software recommended to use on pc "Amcrest Surveillance Pro for Windows" does not have all the feature sets like the phone app "Amcrest Surveillance Pro" for control and operations of Amcrest cameras. For a project in one of my properties, I have 4 IP4M-S2112EW-AI cameras, with come with deterrent lights, a siren, and other features. On the app, all functions can be controlled and activated and configured, but not on the desktop version, such as the siren and deterrent lights. I find it a bit odd that for such a diverse feature set of cameras, many configurations and options are spread across different pieces of software and apps. I think it would be incredibly beneficial to have the windows software provided by Amcrest to have the ability to control and manage all of the features possible on a camera like the phone app, and if its not supported, simply be a null entry. Technically, there is the camera GUI, however, having one computer or centralized place to view and control it outside of an NVR would be huge.

Side Notes and context: I am new here, so forgive me for any informalities or errors. Yes, I am aware that this is probably very difficult with various generations of product that all need to be compatible to some extent, but I do feel like other than the amazing camera quality and feature set of these cameras for the price, it would be these small annoyances in software that would make it easier to use. Also, if anyone is aware of a way that all camera control can be done via a software program I am all ears, but from my understanding and with talking to support it is currently not possible.