Auto Register POE cameras with NVR's Password.

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Auto Register POE cameras with NVR's Password.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure if I posted this before I went a couple pages back looking and didn't find it. So I ask..

When you connect a POE camera to your POE NVR like on my 4216E-AI the camera auto starts with the right password and registered user name.

I know this can be done because if I take any of my Dahua POE cameras 10.0.0.197 (Lets say I connect to my Switch and I do a Factory Reset) Then I take that camera that would normally be default admin admin when I log in first time over WebUI.. However if I plug into my POE NVR port that camera without me adding it Auto Registers the camera and comes online 10.1.1.71.. That is done with no input from me. Taking that same camera now adding it back to my Switch and going to 10.1.1.71 if I try to use admin admin it won't work I will need to us the Password that I had setup in my Amcrest 4216e-AI NVR.. Then I can log in without an issue..

However if I take a Amcrest POE camera like my 841e, 850eb, 853ew, 956wb, 1046ew-AI or 2496ew-v2 and connect to my NVR's POE port the camera will auto register to next IP in this case say 10.1.1.72 however the system leaves the password and user the same as it is from start admin admin.. This means I would have to connect my cameras and then log into them over Virtual Host, and make that change to the password. Also yes I know you can once all setup make a change to the password for the NVR and it will ask if you want to change the cameras as well. However that is still an extra step that isn't needed..

As an added Security I would like to have the Auto update on Passwords just like my Amcrest NVR's will do with Dahua Cameras... So this is either something would need to be updated to the Cameras them self to the NVR with way I have faith that it can get done..

Thanks
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe