Amcrest View Pro SMD

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
kathyoverman

Amcrest View Pro SMD

Post by kathyoverman »

I have the Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) AI Outdoor Security Turret POE IP Camera (IP8M-T2669EW-AI) installed P2P and am using the Amcrest View Pro app on an Android device.

I am getting notifications for all motion even though I have smart motion detection turned on. I would like notifications for smart motion dection only.

How do I do that? If I can't, I would like to submit a software enhancement request.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest View Pro SMD

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I would guess that you can turn off your Video Detection within the cameras WebUI setup area either under Alarm or Event Video Detection. The SMD should be I would guess within the AI portion of the camera settings

I don't have that camera and my Amcrest 1046EW-AI don't offer SMD only thing I have by Amcrest that does is my 7108-AI and that isn't going to help your needs.. My NVR also don't offer SMD.. SO that is my guess something worth trying anyway..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
kathyoverman

Post by kathyoverman »

Thank you for your response. :)

In Setup for the Web UI, the following items are listed under Event:
Video Detection
Audio Detection
Smart Plan
Face Detection
IVS
Smart Motion Detection
Abnormality

The Video Detection and Smart Motion Detection Enable boxes are linked. If I uncheck the Enable box for both Video Detection (and click Save) and Smart Motion Detection (and click Save), then subsequently check the Enable box for Smart Motion Detection (and click Save), the Enable Box for Video Detection is automatically checked.

As a result, the camera detects all motion not just smart motion.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So on the SMD does it have the Tab for person and vehicle? If they do are they clicked on?

Not sure why if they are clicked that it would show Motion for anything and everything. I mean mine don't show anything in motion that is outside of a Vehicle or person. I did a search on my recorder and all items that come up to play is one or the other.. I have some that are full time recording and looking at the playback in normal time there are cats, skunk and other things that are not recorded as motion event.
Be Safe
kathyoverman

Post by kathyoverman »

Wow! I'm glad that I'm not recording skunks. :)

Yes, it is set to default; Enable is checked; both Human and Vehicle are checked; Record is checked; Snapshot is checked.
kathyoverman

Post by kathyoverman »

I decided to try something new this morning. In the Web UI, Events, Smart Motion Detection, I checked the box to send an email and then tested the system.

I tossed a basketball out of the garage. No detection notification. No email.
The dog ran out of the garage. Detection notification. Email states Human detected.
I walked out of the garage. Detection notification. Email states Human detected.
In Smart Motion Detection, I unchecked Human.
I walked out of the garage. No detection notification. No email.
In Smart Motion Detection, I checked Human again.

It seems to work reasonably well in daytime. At night, it's another story. It detects flying insects like crazy. I set the threshold higher and get notifications for large moths. I'll leave the settings and see how the email identifies the moths.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so again sorry don't have that Camera.. I wonder if you can do what mine does.. I will admit before making the adjustment mine would pick up a Cat as a Human..

So for my Camera I have 2 things. I have what is called ROI (Might be for Face Detect only) and I have Max and Min sized Pixel.. That works for sure on the IVS Rules, If yours offers that I would maybe try that option and make the Small one that was normally Set to 0 x 0 on my camera to a size that is little larger and test with Child to make sure it can still alert. Lucky for me my Grand kids where visiting when I setup mine..

So I don't know how your camera is setup or what it is pointing at.. You did mention that it has IVS. Personally I would be working with Line Crossing or Intrusion... The only thing with that is for mine anyway is after setting it up. I still had to tell the camera I wanted it active, then the Link can get a little crazy but once it is understood that when setting up and saved, then saved the screen don't go away right click and then save or apply can't remember but if the last step isn't done it won't keep the changes..

Anyway your camera is way more advanced then my Amcrest AI camera so I wonder what other options you have with your camera.
Screenshot (1007).png
Screenshot (1007).png (20.18 KiB) Viewed 9074 times
Be Safe
kathyoverman

Post by kathyoverman »

Thanks for the info.
When I set up IVS Tripwire and/or Intrusion, it detects humans and vehicles flawlessly. Unfortunately, Notification doesn't work with IVS. The only thing the IVS can do is send an email. So I set a filter in the email to forward a text to the mobile phone when it arrived. That worked until last night when there must have been a problem with the carrier and the texts did not arrive until some six hours later.
kathyoverman

Post by kathyoverman »

I called technical support and allowed remote access into my laptop via splashtopsos to adjust the settings in the Web UI.
The technician was superb.

The technician checked the IVS box in the Alarm settings in the Web UI.

I am beyond pleased with the Amcrest camera.

The software is a little tricky. between the Amcrest View Pro (android), Web UI (chrome), and Amcrest Surveillance Pro (windows); features are not standard across all three apps. Amcrest Surveillance Pro has the most details on the event playback list; there is a symbol that identifies the event as motion or ivs.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Nice to hear you had some good help over Tech Support. Yes the ASP is going to be the best place outside of a AI NVR for your camera.. For me the best thing for my AI cameras has been my AI NVR.. I tried 2 weeks to put my older 2116-HS in my Front spot to keep the Cameras monitored and for that 2 weeks I was wanting to pull out my hair lol.. That is only because I have a 4216E-AI that I had been using since April and got used to the IVS data that shows on screen the GUI.. So I had to use ASP with my AI cameras to get that info from Micro SD cards that are in the Cameras.. I have since put the 4216E-AI back in the front for monitoring my main IP cameras.. It would be hard for me to have a non AI NVR now as my Main. My back NVR's is more then fine being normal seeing I am not expecting the cameras to run IVS rules..

For WebUI it is Really best to use IE until we are no longer able to it offers more with the WebUI then Chrome does.. It will be a sad day when that no longer works for me...
Be Safe