Amcrest View Pro & Smart Home - Android 12 Notification issues

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
MikeVee

Amcrest View Pro & Smart Home - Android 12 Notification issues

Post by MikeVee »

Hi,
I've been trying to get some help in regards to this for quite some time on the facebook group, via email, and via phone call.
Ever since I got a phone with Android 11 (now forcibly upgraded to 12), I've noticed a weird issue w/ both Amcrest View Pro & Smart Home.
Whenever I get a motion detection notification and my phone display is turned off, it would wake the entire display, bypass the security lock, and just show whatever last screen the display is set to show.
I tried to explain that I'm not asking about scheduling motion detection schedule, but I believe both app sorely needs an update to address the issue with notifications sent from the app being able to bypass lock screens as well as waking up the entire display.
This has caused me to accidentally call or texted people with gibberish a few times before I start noticing what was causing it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch and it still does it.

The request here is to have the dev team please update both apps so they don't cause a security risk like this.
For reference:
View Pro's last update was Dec 4, 2020 (which means it's 1 year and 1 month ago)
Smart Home's last update was June 2, 2021 (~6 months ago)

both apps have exhibited these issues and it really is quite problematic. my phone is generally very close to me all the time, but in the event where i lose my phone... people can literally access my phone by just waiting for someone to trigger a motion detection on select cameras. Please please please fix this.