Amcrest user UNfriendly policies

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
GaryOkie

Re: Amcrest user UNfriendly policies

Post by GaryOkie »

I agree it's a rather shitty policy to tie firmware update notices to also receiving product ads with no option to opt out of the ads. It's not too hard to ignore them or route them to trash/spam, but I sure wanted to be alerted to firmware updates.

Well, now that I think about it - I don't ever recall receiving a firmware update notice by email - not even since they were Foscam. I've only seen notices here on this forum or via the SmartHome app (which is woefully not kept up to date in any case). And firmware release notes? They are essential for many reasons, but rarely provided even after creating support cases asking for them.

I just now unsubscribed to the "firmware" email which makes no mention of other email options. Will be interesting how soon the ads stop, if ever, but I'm not going to get that bothered by my spam folder content. This forum will continue to be my go-to place for firmware info - but that's dependent on Eli/Amcrest's continued participation which has been a bit lacking lately.

Oh, and don't you enjoy the sales chat whack-a-mole game on the Amcrest home page?
:roll:
GAAHTH

Post by GAAHTH »

Interesting. I don't recall trading my email for firmware, but lol on the wackamole. Side note, Amcrest=Foscam? oh no..I'm here on the Amcrest board because I'm moving away from Foscam!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Relax @GAAHTH - Foscam(US) - the original distributor of Foscam cameras in the USA severed ties back in 2016 and became Amcrest. They switched to selling rebranded Dahua cameras from then to now.

My comment "not since they were Foscam" meant not since 2016.