Amcrest Floodlight

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Thoughts4You

Amcrest Floodlight

Post by Thoughts4You »

Any plans on making an Amcrest Wifi Floodlight? I need one for my back yard. :D
Airey001

Re: Amcrest Floodlight

Post by Airey001 »

Just adding to this I noticed that when the Iphone Amcrest Smart Home App i use for my Amcrest Doorbell updated last month that in the version history on IOS it says this:

Added support for the new Floodlight Camera. Fixed Hostspot issue on IOS
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

I see the same note over on the Google Play store for that app. However, I'm only aware of the Spotlight camera being sold at the moment, not a Floodlight camera. I sure hope it is for an upcoming Floodlight camera.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

patric

Post by patric »

I used to consult with both neighborhood associations and municipal agencies on outdoor lighting, and of all the different types of outdoor lighting one can choose, floodlights are the #1 source of nuisance complaints. Its mainly due to poor directional control, spill light abatement and welding torch-like color of blue-rich LEDs.

The last one is an easy fix: Avoid "daylight" color lights at night. Blue-rich LEDs should never be used outdoors period, as it cripples your night vision and dark adaptation, is garish-looking and unfriendly to the environment and human health (even the AMA weighed in on its bad health effects).
A nighttime-friendly light color would be anything below 3000K (three thousand degrees Kelvin) with 2200K being a very environmentally-friendly amber. Cheap LEDs in junk floodlights are often 4000K or 5000K.

Glare control is another problem with floodlights. Aiming a floodlight is like aiming a hand grenade, you can sort of control it but...you get the point.

If Amcrest wants to compete with Ring, consider an arrangement where the system controls an EXTERNAL light that is not integral but rather remote (or even controlling existing outdoor lights) with a wireless signal like Zigbee or z-Wave, X-10 etc. Turning on (or brightening) something like porch lights makes it less likely you will be annoying a neighbor with a new floodlight (or compromising your security by forcing those neighbors to install blinds or drapes when they could have been "friendly eyes" keeping an eye out).
jack7

Post by jack7 »

patric,
Light pollution can be a problem. I remember the International Dark-Sky Association from my astronomy days.
darksky.org
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

nixhome2020

Post by nixhome2020 »

Loving the ASH-26W so far (one was defective out of the box, showing only B&W at night with the spot light on, B&W during day as well) I have one mounted at back of the house and one at the front of the house.

Is there a way to set the Floodlight to be used during motion detection for a set time? I want Motion detected recording 24/7, but I only want the Floodlights to react to motion from midnight to 5am. Is this possible?

Is there a way to set the brightness level of the camera as well? Or is it a All or none, Off or on type of scenario with this floodlight?

SJ
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure I understand? Would need to look more into things if my thoughts of what you mean is how it is..

About setup for run time?

There is a Floodlight Settings and the type of light you want? I have mine setup to only come on with Motion Activated, Also have the Light Sensor set to on this will only turn on the light at night with the option off the light will turn on day or night with motion... I have set my motion zones back 1, and down to 43% and for me that works perfect for my Area and needs without my Neighbors setting it off everytime they come out there door 75 feet from the light like it did the first night I installed it.. Again works for my area I am lighting in that setting might not work for others... Then I have the light Duration set to 1 min with options of 1,5,10 and 20 minutes...

That is for the Light portion.. Then Motion Detection is different that only has to do with Camera and don't effect the light..

Only thing I don;t like about the light is compared to some others I own when it switches from B/W to Color is well into the Motion Detection, and when moving back to B/W it is longer then I like.. My other units change with camera light as it happens.. Motion, Light turns on, Color mode happens with IRC Click, Then when Event is over IRC Click to change back to B/W and now IR is back on again... Seamless.. Only downfall and to be honest If I didn't have the other units I wouldn't know and it wouldn't matter to me lol and really it don't bother me just a fact I wish it was little more fluent

About Brightness I don't see anything and guessing it all or nothing setting..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe