Alexa and Amcrest, I have to Pay to use this with Alexa?

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
nixhome2020

Alexa and Amcrest, I have to Pay to use this with Alexa?

Post by nixhome2020 »

I purchased what I considered to be a great floodlight camera for the front and back of my home, the ASH26-W

Later I purchased a Amazon Echo Show 10.... and was happy to get my 16 WYZE camera's working with the Amazon Show....

then, I went to go setup my four Amcrest Camera's...and I'm finding out that I need to purchase a subscription for the Amcrest Cloud service to get it to work???? :oops: :oops: :oops:

I purchased Amcrest because it works, at no additional cost, with Blue Iris, and other 3rd party NVRs...

but, not with my Alexa device?... well, that seals the deal there... I won't be purchasing anymore Amcrest camera's from here on out.

BYE!

Stephen
jack7

Re: Alexa and Amcrest, I have to Pay to use this with Alexa?

Post by jack7 »

No Pay.  In ASH26 SmartHome app, tap Account and then  Amazon Alexa.  For non-SH cams, try using the latest Amcrest Cloud FREE version registration.
nixhome2020

Re: Alexa and Amcrest, I have to Pay to use this with Alexa?

Post by nixhome2020 »

Just tried to view my four Amcrest Cams on my Amazon Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) and they could not be found