Alarm linkage to Alarm Audio

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Alarm linkage to Alarm Audio

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I have a few different type systems even though most of them are PRE Amcrest there is 1 feature that I am lacking and would like to find out if it can get added. I would like to have the ability to link to another cameras Alarm out even if that has to be done though an NVR's PTZ linkage?

So here is how one of my system works. Camera has an alarm out, When I connect this camera to my Recorder that alarm out is now able to be accessed by anything on that recorder. So lets say that camera is on CH1, When I go to the recorder and I go to an event page for say Ch12 on my 16ch recorder and I click on the Trigger in the system it will load all current alarms that Ch12 has if it has any and if it didn't it will show any of the other cameras with Alarm outs and in this case Ch12 wants to use Alarm out on Ch1 and click the box next to it that alarm out will trigger when ch12 goes off.. Now on this same camera it also has access to a Preset even though the company that sales it says it don't LOL but it does. So even for Amcrest Recorder that is connected to that camera could access that Preset and trigger that alarm.. If that don't make enough since I am more then happy to make a Video showing what i am talking about. However the camera and Recorder won't work with Amcrest so I would have to connect the camera to my Amcrest recorder and access it over the DVR using it like a camera as I have done many times but either way I can show access to the Preset the alarm linkage is only that company recorder alarm. part of the AI feature of the Recorder...
Be Safe.
Pogo

Re: Alarm linkage to Alarm Audio

Post by Pogo »

Sounds like a job for Blue Iris as an event/sync/trigger manager/coordinator between, but independent of, the different systems.

It can close your garage door if it sees a burglar two blocks away.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Personally not a Blue Iris fan.. I mean it works for what it is. My cameras can close my Garage door without BI. Even open it all while being away from home.

however that isn't the current issue. Mainly the camera has an output that is 3 in 1. IF I do the Preset it will do all 3. If I setup for the Company DVR the camera can do one or 2 or all 3 from the alarm menu. Also will let me use any of the connected cameras. One problem with this DVR and that is it dont' have RS-485 it is up the Coax only and well that makes it hard to work with my PTZ cameras that use RS-485 and alot of them do.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Re: Alarm linkage to Alarm out

Post by Pogo »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:03 pm Personally not a Blue Iris fan.. I mean it works for what it is...

So what do you think it is?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The answer isn't easy really. However for me buying a pc to run software and then the software you have to keep buying every year. PC has to stay on 24/7 so the cost to run BI over NVR/DVR is never ending. PC can cost 4x in power to run over a nvr. You want to watch something in playback when computer starts doing a Windows Update bogs your system down.
In truth BI is a Costly VMS something I got free from Hikvision and Amcrest. Yes I know BI can do things ASP can't but that is what my DVR/NVR is for I still have a hikvision 16ch DVR from 2010 that still works as it did when New. 13 years of BI year cost would have been another 780@60 a year and that whole time had a Free VMS to use if I wanted all while having p2p access.
I mean sure BI can send mail or alerts or Voice mail or some type social media alert but I like app click and look.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought I would look at what others think and found this website that posted something last month. Most of their views I agree with however there are some things like him saying BI works with RTSP and so does Amcrest so him saying BI is better with that maybe in the front of action of Events outside of that I think this person says it great with what I feel about BI or some other VMS over a DVR/NVR.

Also how many users can you have accessing BI in different areas of a Local or Remote Location? Using free Amcrest software I can access my system from anywhere in the world using P2P. By the way I am not really a Fan of ASP either but over the years I have come around to like it more then I have in the Past.

https://blinqblinq.com/blue-iris-vs-nvr/
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The link provides a very superficial and somewhat inaccurate picture of Blue Iris..., and NVRs to some extent IMHO.

Blue Iris isn't for amateurs or a homeowner simply looking for a $299 security camera solution. It's a very powerful and comprehensive tool designed to provide multiple solutions for many types of security/surveillance implementations and scenarios, often in combination with traditionally deployed CCTV infrastructure already in place. It can also be a very effective homeowner surveillance solution for someone willing to accept the learning curve and associated hardware requirements necessary to put a modest system together which can grow with the needs of the environment. Comparing it to traditional hardware is apples and oranges. Dismissing it as "it is what it is" indicates an absence of understanding of its actual capabilities.

A full 64 camera version of Blue Iris can be purchased for under $60 and there is no annual fee unless you desire continued support, maintenance and upgrades -- for $30 per year. Convenient remote access and control is available in several forms for different skill levels and/or convenience level required. It can be accessed and controlled from anywhere in the world via several secure methods for both Android and Iphone. It has a very robust webUI providing most of the same functionality as sitting in front of the server itself. Yes. Server. They cost money to build and run. A single server can accommodate up to 64 cameras when adequately equipped for the task including hardwired legacy CCTV devices across the network directly from their respective DVRs. It can also back up multiple external storage devices at the same time it's recording and managing other sources. It maintains its own database, stores, forwards, uploads all recorded content in any way the user wants it to be managed. It can also provide comprehensive AI capabilities for cameras that lack such features.

I personally don't consider it an "either/or" decision over an NVR when determining what may be the most appropriate solution for one's particular needs, budget, and most importantly, skillset required to handle the learning curve involved. Doing so misses the point and simply generates discussion with little useful purpose.

My Blue Iris server runs as a service on a $100.00 Windows10 Dell 7020SFF with a 4th gen i7 and accommodates 18 cameras at 17% CPU utilization. It doesn't blink if I miss the Windows upgrade that I have scheduled during a once per month maintenance routine for all my machines. Does it require more attention than a DVR or NVR? Of course it does. It's a server, not just a firmware processor. Again, comparing Blue Iris to traditional methods is unfair to both types of solutions..., and also to the people who use one technology over another for whatever their reasons may be.

I personally use both and am very happy to have taken the leap to Blue Iris. It made my existing DVR a whole different piece of hardware as a result.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@Revo2Maxx
You might look into Home Assistant to see if it could do the things you want to do.  It includes Amcrest and Dahua integrations.  Also see github.com.
I have not used Home Assistant.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok. Sorry I made a Small mistake on my Request. So here is the deal of what I want. While BI and HA can do things software related that isn't going to work for my needs and or the needs of others that want to use the Feature I am talking about. So I will try to Clear this up.

NVR. 4216E-AI, Camera IP8M-TB2886EW-AI. Camera is connected to NVR's POE Port. Camera is facing down driveway that is 100 feet long and 12 feet wide so not a huge one. However there is another camera 4mp AI with Human and Vehicle detection. connected at the start of the Driveway connected to same NVR. This camera is 10feet in the same driveway that is facing the house. Has a Tripwire for Human Detection just a few feet from mounted location. What I am looking to do is Tap into the 2886EW-AI cameras Audio Alarms that are built into the camera. So what I would like to do is use some type of Code that could be used on the NVR to Tap into Alarm Inputs and or Alarm Audio of another camera via a Linkage like the NVR's have a built in PTZ Linkage where I can use any camera on that system to make a PTZ camera go to a Preset or make a camera that has Preset settings use a Preset defined in the Trigger menu.

From Software like BI or HA things that can be done will have to be Programmed in, Have to buy a AI package, will have to code in things that could do things besides make a connection to that cameras Audio Files. So it would have to use my 4216E-AI Alarm outputs and that isn't connected to the cameras Audio Alarms..

So what I would like is a Link to the cameras built in Audio and could be via the built in Speaker or in my case a Audio Output that is going to a PA speaker.

Thanks for the Ideas of HA and BI however what I am looking to do wouldn't work.

Also so I am clear about Linkage. In ASP I have the ability to Link any of my systems to any of my cameras Alarm OUTS. While that would work for some of my systems that I have setup with Flashers. However that isn't what I am trying to do because it isn't the Alarm out I want to link and when it comes to my 4216 from a camera out side of that NVR from ASP only access that would give me is access to the NVR's Alarms out..

So Jack take for instance your 858, If you had a NVR that was connected to a few cameras and your 858 was on the left side of your property, With a Trip wire on lets say ch1 you wanted the Trigger to PTZ Link to your 858 that is on CH2 to go to Preset 10 and once it was done the 858 would return home or however you have yours setup for Guard duty. In ASP you can also do this and what I would like is the PTZ linkage not be only linkage outside of the Alarm outputs. Would like a Audio Linkage tab this way you could buy 1 camera that almost cost a Grand and have it be the Master of Audio for all cameras 1 connected to the NVR or connected using ASP with the Events area...
Be Safe.