Address Light Pinhole Camera ?

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
amcrest168

Address Light Pinhole Camera ?

Post by amcrest168 »

it dawn on me the address light is powered by the same 16v transformer as the doorbell. i wonder if it is possible to hide a pinhole camera behind the address light cover and have the pinhole camera powered by the same 16V line? i started to check other address lights while i was driving around the neighborhood and they are usually mounted by the driveway facing the street and would it be great if another camera can be placed inside the address light.

any thought?
house_number.jpg
house_number.jpg (458.49 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Address Light Pinhole Camera ?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well you can mount a Camera where ever you like... The trick of the issue here is the Doorbell camera is made for the 16 to 24vac by design because the Doorbell on the house is that voltage...

So then you have to ask your self.. what can I use to not only Change the AC voltage to DC... This can be done rather easy with a 4 Diode Bridge Rectifier. However that will get your AC to DC now you will need to step down the Voltage from 16 or 24 what ever it was at there... Once you have the Right Volts most Small cameras will most likely be 5vDc.. Then you have to ask your self how is your Wifi range? You can't really use a Cell phone as most of them have a built in booster and don't let any of them tell you they don't lol... You would want to use maybe a 841,941 or something that is 5vdc and connect it to a Battery pack and take it out there and see if it has a good signal out there... If it does then you can put in a Wifi one... However if it is far like my Cabin Drive I have one out there on a BNC and 24Vac seeing it has the best range for Voltage drop. I then have it facing down my Drive from the road and alerts me when I am there, that someone is coming down my drive. If I don't level it out it could take 5 min to get to my cabin from the road if I did level it out 2 or 3 depends on how someone drives lol...

Biggest issue with a AC system is you would want to find a Dual Power Camera that will take both Ac and Dc I have some myself or you will have to find a Buck converter that has a Bridge Rectifier with the ability to take the input voltage of your sign...
Be Safe.