Add Password Autofill and copy/paste to Amcrest Smart Home iOS app

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
saycurly

Add Password Autofill and copy/paste to Amcrest Smart Home iOS app

Post by saycurly »

I am running Apple iOS 16.6 on an iPhone 12 Pro.

The Amcrest Smart Home app on Apple iOS version 3.12.9 does not allow pasting in passwords from the clipboard or using Apple iOS autofill passwords for the Amcrest Smart Home account username and password. This makes it time consuming and error prone to generate/use/save a unique complex random password for the Amcrest Smart Home account.

Please update the app to support password auto fill using what is configured in the Apple iPhone device settings. I personally have a third party password manager setup in the iOS Settings and it works great with other apps that support it.

If this is a quicker option... please add being able to paste in a password from the phone's clipboard. Password manager apps on the iPhone let us copy passwords to the clipboard but the Amcrest Smart Home app doesn't let me paste the password in to the Smart Home account password field. Thank you.

https://developer.apple.com/documentati ... _autofill/
murphsmurf

Re: Add Password Autofill and copy/paste to Amcrest Smart Home iOS app

Post by murphsmurf »

Bump. Still can't paste a password into the password fields on the app.

Appears you can paste into the login password field. But to SET a password - the "Create a Password screen", you cannot paste into the password fields in the app.