upgraded IP2M-853E now hae no control in Blue Iris

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
StratRider

upgraded IP2M-853E now hae no control in Blue Iris

Post by StratRider »

Everything was working just fine ever since I installed this camera in Blue Iris a month ago, until just today when I did the Firmware upgrade to Build 200316 and now Blue Iris will not respond to presets or any PTZ controls.
Most oddly if you blank out the static IP address and tell BI to search - it never sees this cam's IP address.
The Amcrest IP config software sees it just fine also.
If I input the IP, Blue Iris communicates with it, but has no control - I've used the previous settings in the Video Configure area (generic/onvif) and have tried all of the Amcrest / Dahua / Foscam settings also with no success.
Same thing under the PTZ controls tab - using Amcrest / Dahua / ONVIF(OXML) settings also.
I have the old 20180706.bin build but it will not let me reinstall that one.
I've deleted the camera from Blue Iris and reinstalled it a few times during this testing and now I am fed up.
The camera works perfectly in A.S.P. and the webUI but will just not let me have control to use any presets or any PTZ controls while in Blue Iris.
If anyone has this camera (with the most recent Firmware build) working in Version 5 of Blue Iris - PLEASE let me know your settings.
Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: upgraded IP2M-853E now hae no control in Blue Iris

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Did you do a Factory reset after doing the BIN Update? Sadly from what I hear this has to be done by doing the reset at the Camera and I am going to guess this might be way the info is not able to be translated in BI??

This is a guess and seeing I don't have your setup or BI I am only making a wild Guess...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

Funny, I was just coming back in here to ask if a Factory Reset would take this back to the original Firmware settings.
I've not done that as with the 853 it is a real PITA to get to the button, not counting having to do it off a ladder.
I was sure that the upgrade instructions were to just tell the camera in the software to do a "restore to factory defaults" which I have not done yet either.
So now, I would really like to know if hitting the button inside of the PTZ will return it to the original Firmware.
I'll go hit the software Factory Defaults since I've tried everything else already. Be back in a while.
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

In the webUI you have the option of resetting the defaults like it says in the Firmware upgrade page but it also has a button you can hit to reset to Factory Defaults.
I would like to know if this would be the same has opening up the camera and hitting that physical button within.
Doing the "reset to defaults" did nothing to help my problem.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah sadly in the WebUI that is a Soft factory reset and no while in a since they should be one of the same come to find out they are different...

Sadly it will not load on factory FW it does however RESET all Hardware that was Changed by Software back to Factory. This while I can't say it will 100% fix the issue.. This is going to be what Support will move up to with in 1 or 2 questions of the system not working... I was told when I called and they asked if I did a Factory reset I was like Sure did.. After about 10 minutes of trouble shooting and the placement of the camera I was asked again you sure you did factory Reset I was like yeah WebUI Setup and then the next menu for Factory Reset I was then told no not the same.. For me I have to admit my issue went away after doing a Hardware Reset on the Camera...

While again I can't say your issue will be solved doing so
Be Safe
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

okay, that's good to know, I don't have a real problem doing it - it's just a PITA since I have to do it from a ladder and I doubt it will fix the problem since it happened with the firmware upgrade.
Once again - if it aint broke - don't fix it.
What's worse is the webUI would NOT allow me to Export my settings either. they are simple enough that I have them memorized (for now) anyway.
I felt confident doing this though since I see others being able to roll back their firmware - not with this one though.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

stratrider,
You wrote "I have the old 20180706.bin build but it will not let me reinstall that one."
You might try downloading and using the current 20180706 bin from the previous firmware column on the Amcrest firmware page. It may be different from your old 20180706 bin. And you could at least try using the Web UI Factory Reset before going up the ladder.
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

Thanks Jack7
Just gave that a shot too and same situation. Didn't do the job either.
Something in this version changed just enough to not let BI have PTZ control.
I've sent in a support request ticket and referenced this thread also and in the mean time I'll just keep trying every possible combination of configuration.
There is a setting in BI-5 for this exact camera too but it does nothing either.
So frustrating ot have it working perfectly, do the Firmware upgrade then lose control on BI.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure if this will work but thought I would pass it along and see if it helps and I hope it does... I think you might have to try adding it again to BI and use these settings...
Screenshot (1014).png
Screenshot (1014).png (34.84 KiB) Viewed 11767 times
Be Safe
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

yep, tried that one before and again just after I saw this - just to be sure.
No Joy.
Amcrest support is looking into it now but they are at a point of asking questions that we have already covered in this thread - and I pointed out this thread to them.
Thanks for trying @Revo2Maxx