upgraded IP2M-853E now hae no control in Blue Iris

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: upgraded IP2M-853E now hae no control in Blue Iris

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well Dang... Yeah there is some crazy things from time to time..

Sadly I am starting to think some hardware might have some different parts as some others of same model.. Like say your camera was first released in 2018 and new IC was put in the 2019 release but most of the functions was retained and others that were not used much or was not under the Normal function of the camera was over looked... So then when a FW is released the test was done in maybe older model and the newer one suffers... Or the other way around...

I say this because I have some 841's from 2015 and some newer released ones... I have some that get Funky and some that are Stable Only different that i can tell on the outside is Release dates for the cameras... Older ones seem more stable to me... I have another brand same kind of issue however model number looks the same but camera and functions was different even to the fact that one I bought in 2014 because of the manual that I later noticed was almost the same as my 2 year older model... I ended up bricking my 2014 because the manual said I could do something that I couldn't do in the 2014 model but could in the 2012 one lol.. Had the camera for a year and day I bricked it I found out the Company don't even support the camera anymore and even if they did it would cost almost half of what I paid to fix it of 700... 1400 camera 700 fix I don't think so lol... Took me 6 months before I found my own way to fix it.. Cost was 50 bucks and 6 months of not using it...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Rhythm

Post by Rhythm »

I'm having the exact same issue. The camera has been running flawlessly for just under a year, but after the firmware upgrade to 200316 I've lost all PTZ control in Blue Iris. Trying to reload the old firmware fails and nothing I've tried in the Blue Iris configuration has worked. Please keep us posted if you find a fix.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly if there is an issue after a FW update it almost sounds like you may want to pass this onto the Support Team by phone or email so they can look into the issue and if it was something omitted in the update they might be able to redo the update and get it out sooner then one might update the camera again under non issue times...

email ([email protected]) or phone (888-212-7538)
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Stratrider, the original poster of this thread, posted a Blue Iris solution here:
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/lost-ptz- ... ost-443493