Two Way Comms Not Working

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
rjp1267

Two Way Comms Not Working

Post by rjp1267 »

I have 2 new IP cams that have 2 way comms ip4m-1041 and ip2m-841-v3 and have them configured in my BI system but 2 way is not working, I can hear but can not have what I say heard at the other end. The microphone icon within BI is available for each camera and when I press to talk it goes green but again no sound comes out and when released the mic icon goes gray. Let me detail the basics and happy to provide additional details to help resolve issue.

1. When accessing cameras via the web gui I can hear sound but can not talk, in fact the ui doesnt seem to have a mic icon or similar to speak.
2. When using the Amcrest pro view app I can hear and speak through the camera.
3. I have the cams setup through BI using the auto detect/config (provide IP and username/password), I can hear sound but can not have anything said come out on other end.
4. Clips that are recorded from these cameras are not accompanied by audio.
5. When originally installed and logged into the gui I would get an error stating "It fails to support current audio config", I then went into the setup and configured the main and sub stream audio for g.711Mu or g.711A (either would resolve error and audio could be heard).

Any advice to help resolve would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Two Way Comms Not Working

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am sure this is been resolved by now. However if not. I can confirm that on my 841v3 anyway that I can use the Amcrest setting in BI after adding the camera using The Generic setup and then going back and changing to Amcrest I have audio both ways and it records audio when using BI..

Before when I first setup the camera using Generic and also doing the Search using user and pass. Before making the change to Amcrest if I clicked the Mic icon on BI I would only get feedback in my computer connection nothing out the camera. So then going back in the camera, settings and changing the camera type to Amcrest and leaving every thing as it was besides that I now have the ability to hear and speak through the camera in BI..

About the Chrome and no Mic yeah that is missing and has been since 2019 in all camera that have updated to 2019 or newer FW.. Best to use Edge in IE tab and that is said to be supported in Edge until 2029. We will see.. However bad news for the 841v3 it is only one of the cameras that I own with newer FW from 2019 to current that don't work with IE. My guess is because it was made after the adaption of Chrome. Kind of a Shame no Mic in Chrome by now.. Other cameras that have been updated that I use in IE or Edge in IE mode will still work and Mic Icon is there..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe