Remote service to Blue Iris

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Remote service to Blue Iris

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I wanted to post some info about what I have tried so far in relation to accessing Blue Iris from a remote location. As I have said in the past NGROK is a service that is on BI and you DL and client and are able to give access to your system even with a Free Account. You do have to get a User Key one time and then each time you run the service it will give you a different link that also has your Internet IP in it. If you don't want to share your Internet IP with someone you want to share your connection with Then using ServeO might be the best way to go. IN this service you don't DL any client, You bring up your Terminal or in the case of Windows just the Command Prompt and put in a very short command that you can copy and paste from ServeO website. Paste it and change port number to reflect your device like mine was port 81 so I changed the code off the site from 3000 to port 81 and I was able to make a connection and access the Blue Iris. I have tested ServeO and NGROK and both work well and access is smooth can live view and Playback without an issue. Picture below is from using ServeO service I only covered up part of the string to keep out trolls lol. In my other post and as I said before between the 2 NGROK has your IP address in the link string where ServeO doesn't.
Screenshot_20240116_151746_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_151746_Chrome.jpg (625.38 KiB) Viewed 2428 times
Be Safe.