Remote access

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Pogo

Re: Remote access

Post by Pogo »

Pretty cool. I may need to give it a spin just for the configuration exercise if nothing else! I have no need for remote network access myself. I use AVP for remote camera viewing if I receive a driveway activity MMS alert that shows anything more than the usual mail and delivery traffic. I find it to be remarkably fast compared to most of the other apps. The drawback is having access only to Amcrest destinations, though I do have most of my cameras accessible across all three of my Amcrest boxes and Blue Iris simultaneously for both redundancy and convenience.

Best of both worlds like I've been telling you it would be once you started realizing what you can actually do with BI. I knew it would start clicking sooner for you than it does for most folks and it looks like it has. I'm going on two years with it and still only scratching the surface..., or maybe pecking at the surface is more accurate. LOL

The key for me is keeping it basic according to what I want it to do with the rather modest camera capabilities at my disposal. Twelve pixels shoots me a MMS text for my driveway entrance activity with zero nuisance alerts. This is me returning home from an errand and my phone still on Verizon cell service before switching over to my WLAN. I receive the alert before reaching the house. It's nearly instant from the WLAN when leaving. 12 pixels.

Drive Alert Image.jpg
Drive Alert Image.jpg (236.06 KiB) Viewed 3547 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Remote access

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Nice Pic, So I was just trying to show that I am not 1 sided maybe at times mis guided lol. When I first started or looked into Bi I was mostly against the idea because of the lack of a Cell App and or the ability to access the system remotely. So over the time I have started using Bi more. I have found that what I was against to start with is now able to be used. So then for people that might have that idea of no APP or no outside access I wanted to show that these features are there even though you have to pay extra for the Bi app.

So then it comes to this. If I only mentioned the 10$ app and don't offer that Bi can be accessed even on your Cell phone using this Tunnel service at no cost then I am not doing anyone any favors. I have the App however to be honest if I would have found the Tunnel service I personally would have saved on buying the App..
Be Safe.