Power adapter rating & 2 way audio chat

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
wepee

Power adapter rating & 2 way audio chat

Post by wepee »

HI,

Before, I am going to buy the AMCREST UltraHD Pro PTZ 4MP camera
link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WW9XW88/re ... UTF8&psc=1

I have just a few questions to ask the forum users:

1) First of all, I am not based in US. I am based in Malaysia.
my country power outlet is 220v-240v AC. Can the power adapter is designed to accept 220v-240v?
I know I need to buy a UK plug adapter, to convert the 2 pin (US) connector to 3 pin (UK).
But I concern about the AC power input might may exceed the rating.
If no, I know the workaround method. Just want to find if it does.

2)Can I use the Amcrest app on my mobile phone, connect the PTZ camera in my house, while I am outside, and have a 2 way audio chat?

3)Does anyone owes a Blueiris android App, connect the PTZ camera in my house, while I am outside, using the a 2 way audio chat? Does it works?

Thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Power adapter rating & 2 way audio chat

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

While I can't say for sure if you will have access in your Country if the Camera isn't offered in your area then chances are it might not work.

About the Power adaptor I am going to guess that it hasn't changed since mine was made. Looking at my Unit mine says it will work upto 240vac and it is a 50/60hz unit so it works in both areas.

Here is something I do know, I personally wouldn't update the Firmware to the 2019 or 2020 FW that is listed or 2021 if there is one already.. If there is an internet issue it might not let playback. I know that I found out when I had 2020 FW on mine that my Cabin had lost internet and after some time I contacted Amcrest to ask why my camera wasn't playing back and I was Told it was an IP camera and Required a Internet connection to play back and makes no sense to me but I know that older then 2019 FW has no issue play back without web connection.

Then about talking from phone to camera this could work if your on WIFI. If your system working on P2P then you would be able to have access outside your own network without Port Forwarding services and the such.. Personally P2P if it works in your area would be the best way to go..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
wepee

Post by wepee »

@Revo2Maxx

Thanks for sharing.
Looking at my Unit mine says it will work upto 240vac and it is a 50/60hz unit so it works in both areas.

Oh good, that means the power adpater is universal.

Here is something I do know, I personally wouldn't update the Firmware to the 2019 or 2020 FW that is listed or 2021 if there is one already.. If there is an internet issue it might not let playback. I know that I found out when I had 2020 FW on mine that my Cabin had lost internet and after some time I contacted Amcrest to ask why my camera wasn't playing back and I was Told it was an IP camera and Required a Internet connection to play back and makes no sense to me but I know that older then 2019 FW has no issue play back without web connect

Ok basically, what you are saying here is stick to older firmware like firmware version made in 2019
Then about talking from phone to camera this could work if your on WIFI. If your system working on P2P then you would be able to have access outside your own network without Port Forwarding services and the such.. Personally P2P if it works in your area would be the best way to go..

I am assuming you are talking about using Amcrest App here not Blueiris App. Would you know where are the Amcrest P2P server is based at which country? China or USA?

P.S: Yes CCA type Network cables really sucks, it will kill your valuable time trying to troubleshooting them.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Firmware before 2019 so 2015-2018 if the camera was from that age. However you would want to do the last known Stable FW because that cured some issues that some cameras had in 2017 and that normally can be done once Network info is added in the DNS portion of the camera. However I am guessing that would be for your area as well.. Seeing I am in USA that is how it works for me. I can after setting up Network, Click on Cameras Check for Update and it will offer one or after I log in next time it could offer it if one was there and it will update to the last non JS fw aka before 2019. So meaning if your camera last FW was in 2018 before the 2019 JS fw release doing a check with camera will pull the 2018 FW to upgrade too...

So no I am talking about Logging into WebUI to make changes and if your talking about how can or does the Push to P2P work then yes it would be after DL the Amcrest Pro View App and using that. IT will push your alerts to the app and you can view events as they happen in real time and over a Video playback or image as well..

Yes that info in the CCA is on every post it is in my Signature but I have killed 1 POE camera with one and a few friends have killed a few to many cameras with them.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe