Not Here

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
timlab5555

Not Here

Post by timlab5555 »

I downloaded Blue Iris just for having trip wires. I can't find it. Can someone help me please?
Thanks
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Not Here

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest there are a few things you can do. I would maybe setup Code Project AI. Then once you have that setup right click on the camera you have added, Then click Camera Settings, Then Trigger, then in the center area under When Triggered click on the right; Artificial Intelligence, Then you will want to make sure that the AI part is enabled and that in the custom models you have setup with ipcam-animal.

Then there is also another way to do it. This is setup in a different area and different type of settings altogether. That is in the Trigger area again. This time under motion sensor. then under advanced, click on Use Zones and hotspots, then setup some motion zones for your ROI, Lets say you have a fence that is where the dogs are coming from you want to trigger when the dog comes under or over that fence, So you make that zone let say A then make the rest of the zone b. Save that part and again under Advanced click on Object Detection, Then click on Object crosses zones. Then choose what you have the zone setup from what to what and save. When that happens it will trigger an alert and record. However because you have it setup from A to B if your cats go the other way there won't be a trigger event..

Outside of that. While I do like Bi for somethings as I had said before Bi isn't an Easy Set it and forget it like it can be with using a AI Recorder to setup IVS.. Lets say you owned the 4216E-AI NVR rather then the 4116-A2 That you have now, the 42xx series gives the user 4 IVS rules out of the box without the need of owning AI cameras. You would have been able to setup IVS on cameras you pull in from your connected DVR that you own right now.. Or With a 5108, 5116, or 7108 it would offer again some IVS without needing to buy AI cameras because the AI is in the DVR.. The software of Bi has ability but isn't as easy to setup as it would be using AI DVR/NVR..
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

Remember my DVR is the AMDVTENL16-h5.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Your system is better then the one I am running Bi On. However here is the stats from my Bi and CodeProjectAI Server info. Also you can choose to setup the AI server on a Different computer. I might be doing this before long to see if it might help seeing I have enough computers to do so..
Screenshot (251).png
Screenshot (251).png (78.64 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

Just starting off, is the GPU that important? I'm broke remember? So if you have the time, how can I incorp this into BI or what?
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

is there an additional cost to this?
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

Screenshot 2023-10-08 235925.png
Screenshot 2023-10-08 235925.png (79.15 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
Same Same, what's the next step?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No you don't have to have GPU to run it, in fact I have turned off GPU for LP reading as my CPU is better at it. However for the rest I have the GPU working as it will.

So in the motion detection area, This isn't 100% how it is setup I am just showing what I am talking about here in the Grid area. On what you can do, However with the zones connected in the center you can setup things like I have the Arrows pointing. The you can setup for it to do different things for different crossing.. But in your case.. Your trying to connect something to detect an intrusion into your property . So take zone at your fence or area of interest of where the dogs cross into the property, and the area inside making it a different zone then telling the Bi what you want to do. You might have to also adjust for smaller detection size to capture the dogs or other animal you don't want entering your yard.

Anyway Tomorrow I am sure Pogo can better help you with Bi. He is the Expert or one of them in the Forum. I am sure others have better help with this then I.. I wish you luck and hope your furry family stays safe.
Screenshot (252).png
Screenshot (252).png (681.28 KiB) Viewed 5092 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So for a better idea what what I meant for your type of setup.. Here is a look at my 8mp AI camera in the back. 2 zones and setup if something goes from B to A it should trigger..

Just an Idea.
Screenshot (255).png
Screenshot (255).png (646.25 KiB) Viewed 5088 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:24 pm However because you have it setup from A to B if your cats go the other way there won't be a trigger event..
An additional zone C could correct that.