Not Here

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Pogo

Re: Not Here

Post by Pogo »

timlab5555 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:13 pm I downloaded Blue Iris just for having trip wires. I can't find it. Can someone help me please?
Thanks
Dan
As mentioned in last night's PM, there is no 'trip wire' feature per se. You need to create one by any number of means. Zones are your friend here. CPAI is another option, but if you don't understand zones and triggers first it can be a pretty painful learning curve -- mostly backtracking to figure out what you should have learned first.

This is a real good overview without being overly technical.

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/53 ... I-Server-o
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Pogo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:02 am
Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:24 pm However because you have it setup from A to B if your cats go the other way there won't be a trigger event..
An additional zone C could correct that.
Not sure I understand. I was asked about Tripwire setup so I showed how it could be setup in Bi With what is offered in Bi. Sure there is many different things that can be added as well I was I guess trying to show what I understood what he was trying to do Trigger if something went from 1 zone to another and that one zone is outside his property like showing the second picture where I had 1 zone at the fence and second zone in my property setting from A>B would only trigger if it went that way. I thought that was what he was trying to do. If wanted Both ways then A-B.. I don't know Bi is just a Costly toy for me lol

As I said Pogo is the go2 guy for Bi. I leave you in great able hands.. Hope you find what works for your needs.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I was just pointing out that an additional zone could facilitate a trigger for the cat going the opposite direction. We're on the same page.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

But I'm still a neophyte with Blue Iris. I see you're coming along pretty well with it so far yourself!