Not complete without the app lol

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Not complete without the app lol

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So yeah wanted to feel like I had the full meal deal and spent 9.99 for the Blue Iris app. I am sure it will be one of them things I buy and wish I didn't later. Hope I am wrong.
Screenshot_20230917_040553_Blue Iris.jpg
Screenshot_20230917_040553_Blue Iris.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 4177 times
Screenshot_20230917_040611_Blue Iris.jpg
Screenshot_20230917_040611_Blue Iris.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 4177 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Not complete without the app lol

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I do find it odd that it loads on this screen.
Screenshot_20230917_042017_Blue Iris.jpg
Screenshot_20230917_042017_Blue Iris.jpg (495.67 KiB) Viewed 4176 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Nice display.

I've been tempted but have resisted. LOL I need another camera app like another hole in the head! UI3 works for me with Chrome when I want to mess around with BI remotely, either with my phone or AndroidTV box..., or my laptop. It's a very comprehensive web interface if you haven't tried it yet. Zero Tier would be the secure method. I generally rely on AVP P2P for remote viewing which includes several BI cameras that are integrated with my Amcrest XVRs..., primarily for the purpose of using AVP instead of the BI app.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

That BI version has a storage over-allocation bug, btw. My understanding is that it is fixed in x.12.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Nice to know thanks. I am not sure if I get the next update seeing didn't pay for it. I don't know if the updates are Free for the year and have to pay then on and it is less then year old. But was not that long that I updated to 11 so yeah don't know..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

About the WebUI for Bi I have used it for messing around. Looks nice and was impressed but yeah I have more then enough app on my cell phone more then 20 and some even more the 1 app per company. Like SH vs AVP and then a few others that have normal and smart home products. I mean even one company that you and I have cameras from I have a smart home app and the normal from them for a 20x zoom camera that I will admit if it wasn't for the quality of the picture I would have used some Tannerite on it by now lol.
Screenshot (168).png
Screenshot (168).png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 4168 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

A full year of upgrades and product support is included in the purchase price. I think it's now up to maybe $35 ~ $40/yr. to extend those features. FYI, you can download and run any version released during your first year even after your initial 'subscription' runs out.

From a lot of what I'm reading in some of the BI groups, these later versions are catering way too hard toward all the developing AI stuff and creating more problems than actually enhancing features and performance. I grabbed the last available version prior to my 1st year end date and got lucky. It's been rock solid and just barely pre-dates the implementation of a pre-trigger feature modification in the next version that most folks were severely agitated about -- and still are. v5.7.4.2 is where I'll be staying for the foreseeable future. Also fwiw, the current version of the support manual is available here: https://blueirissoftware.com/blueiris.pdf Basically the help file contents with updates according to new version development. Very comprehensive, but still readable.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Something I wanted to point out on the Topic of Bi. Someone I don't remember who might have said it. However they had said "I can set FPS in Bi to 30 why is my camera only working at 15 or 20 fps" I am not sure if it was 15 or 20 in the camera but while I was trolling the Bi You Tube Video skipping around and really went to the Q&A because this person doing the video is almost as Scatter brained as I am so that don't work well for my ability to retain the info he was talking about.

However in the Q&A there was a question about FPS settings in Bi and if it was the same or better then in the camera and the person I am guessing like a Dev said No the FPS in Bi isn't setting the cameras FPS at all. It is only a Mark of the Max that could be used. As I had said some time ago about that topic there is no way a Software could over FPS what is built into the hardware.

So my time to seconds in where to put the video was out of my Brains ability today so I put it within 44 seconds of the time the person makes the statement. So at this link it is 1hr 13min into the video and the time of question and answer to what I am trying to relay is at 1hr, 13min 44seconds. but this gets you close enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3wCDk4dVwY&t=4380s in there 44 seconds there is talk about FPS anyway so not a total loss of time.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

BI does not set fps in a camera.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Oops. Missed the link.

Of all the Blue Iris stuff out there I find that channel nearly unwatchable. The audio is usually horrible and I'm asleep by the time they actually get to any real content. I'd rather read the manual than watch those guys. LOL