New Amcrest User suggestions

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
zplugger

New Amcrest User suggestions

Post by zplugger »

Just got a new Amcrest for my garage,if monitor is hooked to nvr it work OK. If I use internet explores it lags hangs up and hard to use. Was hoping to have the nvr on local computer network so I could hide the nvr. Is Blue iris a better way to go? Can you try Blue Iris before you buy for a couple weeks, just hoping for a better playback on a event. My garage has no internet but going to add another to my house and it has internet. Guess my question is Blue Iris worth the money and does it help. Wish the web app was exactly like the NVR setting.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New Amcrest User suggestions

Post by Revo2Maxx »

One camera on Blue Iris I think the cost when you have a NVR already would be little high. Even though you have only 1 camera the computer should be a good quality computer with i5 or i7 cpu. While others can say they run it with less that could be. You might be able to with only 1 camera but TBH the cost of a HDMI switcher if your monitor only has 1 input could be a better choice... Mostly they are built for Computers but anything with a HDMI can work on the HDMI output. Iogear makes a great product. I have a few of their KVM's 2 of them are HDMI 2 way switcher. One connected between my DVR and PC in my main computer room. PC is local DVR is in another room with long HDMI cable. Then I have some 8 Port PS2 KVM's all of them work great and have for some years now... Then a few years ago now some of my newer computers didn't offer PS2 so I bought a 8 Port Multi one as well however that was a few hundred for unit and cables so not for everyone... However it is In my Rack with my other PS2 ones...

IP camera has a SD card slot? Maybe the cost for KVM or Blue Iris would be better spent on just using the Camera as a Stand alone. Set it up on your computer to record to the Cameras MSD and then you can use your computer when you want to look over the recordings. 32gb on the CBR and 1.3mp settings would give you about 3 days of 24/7 recording. However if you set it for Motion only as you said there was not much Traffic there it could last much longer... Then something happened you could check camera footage, DL and use as evidence if needed.
I am not sure about the Lag. It is strange. Only thing I could think it might have been is no internet, traffic looking for updates, scanning of your computer with a protection scanner... I have many computers. Ranging from 1.6 Intel Celeron to a i7 7700 with a few i3's and even a 10 year old Intel 775 chip computer and all of them can access the camera, NVR and all in between. Only time I have ever had an issue is when One of my OLD 2gb Laptop that I installed Win10 on is trying to dl updates and scanning the HDD and I want to access the Web or even the computer lol. Don't use it often so anytime it turns on there is loads of DL of updates needed.. Makes me want to set it out on the back 40 on a 1lb of Tannerite However sadly last year my State made it so our state can no longer use it oh well. I keep the laptop because it is light and easy to use in remote camera setup so I don't have to take my cameras down if I loose it in my network. Accidents happen lol..

So I would as I was saying. use a KVM could be HDMI if you use it for your computer or even the older Tech KVM that uses normal VGA, Either way will work on most DVR/NVR and Computers. IF you use a DVI on your computer and don't have VGA or HDMI then TBH I would just use the Camera with a SD card seeing you were saying that there isn't much traffic, use the Motion setting and should work out...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought I would put a Video together of some Screen shots. While you don't have to watch it. It shows an Older 2014 CPU computer with 8gb ram and my IP camera over IE. This on on Win10 Home. The second part is a Win10 Pro on a Nwer 6th Gen CPU with 32gb running the 16ch TVI DVR over IE with the 16ch loaded views.

Sorry about the Dumb Music lol. Just hate to not have audio of some sort. Seeing I was going to talk. Added a upbeat tune...

https://youtu.be/CXqtCsNFkAI
Be Safe
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thanks everyone for your input, Revo2Maxx I will watch your video to see the difference.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Your right Revo2Maxx,a lot of difference. Going to give up on the computer idea and have monitor hooked up to NVR. I move around in the NVR software pretty good,not the way I wanted to hook up but will be the best for me. Time to take off the bench and mount on the garage and give it a try. Main house will be next, so many different NVR to pick from,probably will stay with Amcrest so hoping garage works out.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I don't know what you have at your home or how big or what your looking for in the way for Security Camera setup...

I will say this... If you want something that is Easier I would look at a DVR. they do have HD DVR even up to 4k at Amcrest. With a DVR there is only 1 IP you would have to worry about... SO here is some things to think about...

Say you want a 4 camera setup.. Buy a 8 camera DVR with 4 cameras now then. It wouldn't be long before you fill the other 4... Or maybe you want 4 and want to add a IP camera you bought at a later time. Rather then taking away one of the 4ch you would use one of the extra 4. So same with the say you wanted 8 buy the 16ch.. Easier to grow with extra ch then to have to buy more DVR's or NVR's...
Be Safe
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thanks Revo2Maxx
I really like the poe cameras,nice not to run power to them. I like stuff hardwired. I have a limited data plan so thinking about staying away from internet. Just use the nvr to monitor what goes on,house has a alarm system. I really don't need to talk to someone at the door,just want his picture if he becomes stupid. Running cat6 wire to my locations will be easy, I think the most cameras I would have is 6.