My Cam will not stop scanning

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
spikemixture

My Cam will not stop scanning

Post by spikemixture »

My expensive IP2M-853EW will not stop scanning.
If i have more than 1 preset It scans and returns to the preset 1.

Currently I have no presets in amcrest software
And 2 presets set up within BI .
All Amcrest PTZ / functions are off

ATM the view switches between the 2 presets. 8 seconds on preset 1 and 3 seconds on preset 2
I have also reset the cam to default twice with no fix.

I have tried dozens (All) of settings in both the Amcrest software and Blue Iris.

Auto cycle in BI does nothing.

FYI
Software Version2.422.AC02.0.R.R4.1217.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-07-06
WEB Version3.2.1.485721
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.3.1.458331)
PTZ Version3.02.93.RHNZ_170518_22722
S/NAMC0*************
jack7

Re: My Cam will not stop scanning

Post by jack7 »

You appear to be using BI to control cam with no presets defined in cam. I would think all presets would be defined in cam, and BI would just tell cam to move to one of them. Check your BI instructions.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Spikemixture welcome to the Forum

In the WebUI and I understand at times it is a PITA to get to the WebUI seeing it is a POE+ camera.. However under the Function of the camera I would delete all the Presets and then I would click on the Reset Defaults button to be safe...

Once this is done... Most times if you setup a Preset in BI or a DVR/NVR or even a controller if your camera was able to be ran with a Controller. Once you make that preset it should show up in your Preset menu on the Camera UI...

Like when I setup one of mine.. I make a Preset on my Controller my IP camera while it might be in the Normal Preset 1 area that if I didn't name it would be Listed as Preset 1 Preset 001 however once I make a change in my controller it will then showup as
Preset 1 RS485P1 and when I log back into my WebUI that preset would be listed there again as stated RS485P1 for the name... Problem is I am guessing this might be the problem for your camera as well. Sometimes when you make a Preset outside of the WebUI or Camera Interface it stays there in the camera until you remove it from the camera over the UI... Also some of my cameras have the ability to Lock my Presets and once one is set you have to log into the OSD in order to change or delete it.. There is an option to keep it open but I like to keep my Presets safe from someone that maybe on accident hit the wrong buttons on my Controller and have my Preset messed up so if I have a Lock I lock them...

Anyway Another thing to think about... If you have things setup on Idle Motion, or PowerUP and or Time Task these in some cases can have a menu of their own. SO you might want to look while in the WebUI that there isn't a Sub menu with the running pattern your having an issue with there...

Doing a Reboot over the WebUI isn't doing a hardware reset... I don't remember if your camera has the Soft reset in the WebUI or only a Reboot but the only way to get a Good Reset is by the Button that is inside the Body Head... This would reset the Camera back to Factory and would require you to set things back up again...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
spikemixture

Post by spikemixture »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:44 am Hello Spikemixture welcome to the Forum

In the WebUI and I understand at times it is a PITA to get to the WebUI seeing it is a POE+ camera.. However under the Function of the camera I would delete all the Presets and then I would click on the Reset Defaults button to be safe...

Once this is done... Most times if you setup a Preset in BI or a DVR/NVR or even a controller if your camera was able to be ran with a Controller. Once you make that preset it should show up in your Preset menu on the Camera UI...

Like when I setup one of mine.. I make a Preset on my Controller my IP camera while it might be in the Normal Preset 1 area that if I didn't name it would be Listed as Preset 1 Preset 001 however once I make a change in my controller it will then showup as
Preset 1 RS485P1 and when I log back into my WebUI that preset would be listed there again as stated RS485P1 for the name... Problem is I am guessing this might be the problem for your camera as well. Sometimes when you make a Preset outside of the WebUI or Camera Interface it stays there in the camera until you remove it from the camera over the UI... Also some of my cameras have the ability to Lock my Presets and once one is set you have to log into the OSD in order to change or delete it.. There is an option to keep it open but I like to keep my Presets safe from someone that maybe on accident hit the wrong buttons on my Controller and have my Preset messed up so if I have a Lock I lock them...

Anyway Another thing to think about... If you have things setup on Idle Motion, or PowerUP and or Time Task these in some cases can have a menu of their own. SO you might want to look while in the WebUI that there isn't a Sub menu with the running pattern your having an issue with there...

Doing a Reboot over the WebUI isn't doing a hardware reset... I don't remember if your camera has the Soft reset in the WebUI or only a Reboot but the only way to get a Good Reset is by the Button that is inside the Body Head... This would reset the Camera back to Factory and would require you to set things back up again...
Thanks James for your quick reply.

I am sure I have checked settings (and turned off) in every section and subsection (including powerup and time task etc) in both Amcrest software and BI. I have also hard reset by taking it down pulling it apart and holding the reset gown from 35-40sec. (That was not a simple job as this is a big heavy and expensive unit) I know it reset as I had to change the password and reset to a static IP.
I have 4 other amcrest cams (and a few foscam and a couple of reolink) Amcrest are,and maybe soon, were, my cam of choice. Every other amcrest cam works like it should so i have 4 others to compare settings.

thanks
spikemixture

Post by spikemixture »

jack7 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:39 am You appear to be using BI to control cam with no presets defined in cam. I would think all presets would be defined in cam, and BI would just tell cam to move to one of them. Check your BI instructions.
Hey Jack
Thanks for your reply.

I have tried presets on amcrest software and BI individually and together.
When i have more than one preset using amcrest and/or BI it scans between the first and second.

Only way to stop it is to have just one preset..!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So you have 4 other cameras of the same that are working right? Just this one that is acting strange?

If hard reset was done and after all normal setup programmed and I would hope and guess that BI isn't being used for now while you test the camera for Functionality... For me when setting up a camera if I have issues I would do a Reset and omit anything that was not part of the camera... This means I would only use WebUI and Amcrest App for this testing and once the test for function was complete then I would use something tacked on like a NVR, BI, DVR, PC-NVR, and such... I didn't read back but is it working with the last FW update or does it have a older fw on it? If it has the ability for new JS update is it because of the update that these issues started? Does this issue start as soon as you make a Second Preset? Does all your cameras if they are the same that is have the same FW loaded? Did you buy the Camera new or Used? If New and bought from Amcrest reseller I would contact support after all the other testing I was talking about without anything other then the Camera and app or WebUI.. Once all that testing was done if it had same issue I would contact Support and see if you could get a replacement for it... It is strange that it would have this issue. This sounds like a Camera for me to pop open and find out what the issue is.. It could be a Factory Programming issue then I would be just as lost lol.. Circuit or component fail I could track it down..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

After reading your posts, it's not clear to me if your IP2M-853 presets work fine when using the Amcrest Web UI or Amcrest Surveillance with the camera NOT added to BI. If it doesn't work and you've done all the resetting and tried reloading the current firmware again, then I would say your camera is most likely broken. If it does work, then there are some suggestions I could give you regarding getting BI to work. With BI, what model did you specify when adding your camera?