How to test that Bi is detecting Motion or IVS events

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Pogo

Re: How to test that Bi is detecting Motion or IVS events

Post by Pogo »

You want to import and store preset data into BI from a third party application to use for PTZ functionality?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Have you tried using these controls to set and store presets in BI for the camera? I know there are a couple of ways to do it, but the effective success is dependent on the camera response -- if it will.
Preset Controls.jpg
Preset Controls.jpg (69.87 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
Alternatively, I've read that saving preset data called from a camera itself can also be saved for later retrieval and use to be applied as specific camera profiles.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I will figure it out and when I do I will post the info for others that might need to setup something of the same. Funny thing is my 2mp while it is a zoom camera that is Hikvision on my Amcrest DVR. Oddly Bi don't zoom it in or out the DVR will but the Bi don't understand it has the ability I guess. Also the PTZ camera while it works with all the Presets and zoom in or pan/tilt the menu you showed in your last post with Focus far or near don't seem to work with the camera I have to use the WebUI for the camera. Sadly even the App don't offer focus like the Amcrest one does for my Ancrest PTZ cameras..
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

A couple other areas to look into...
PTZ Control.jpg
PTZ Control.jpg (101.49 KiB) Viewed 4001 times
PTZ Control Vendor Base.jpg
PTZ Control Vendor Base.jpg (109.63 KiB) Viewed 4001 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought I would mention. My Amcrest 2mp 20x PTZ is better quality then my Hikvision 5mp 20x zoom. Just thought I would say seeing both are in the same area looking at the same feeder. I just have 1 at a different preset then the other under normal day use.. Night time for now seems I will have to just use full zoomed out until I figure the Bi thing out lol..
Screenshot (115).png
Screenshot (115).png (310.93 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So this is the Information for the Amcrest type cameras seeing this is Amcrest Forum. My camera is a Hikvision so my commands are different but this is to help others that have same type of issues in Bi with PTZ cameras.

I ran the commands on my Amcrest/Dahua cameras this command don't work on the Ip2mp=850EB or my ash47 anyway the result for one of my Zoom cameras was the info below. Now so I am clear. In the Bi under PTZ/Control you will want to setup for Custom HTTP. Also there will be some need for setting the right time for your cameras in Bi and making sure that your setup in Bi reflects when you want to set day and nigh with the 0 and 1 URL below for VideoMode CGI command. This is going to be changing your Normal or Full time running Day within your camera settings so you might want to make the changes within the camera as well just to make sure the camera is changing the right time for IR and day time on the camera.

status. Focus=0.952824
status.FocusMotorSteps=3010
status.LenAdjustStatus=0
status.Status=Normal
status.Zoom=1.000000
status.ZoomMotorSteps=2292

That data was from running the first command

Get current focus status: 10.0.0.65/cgi-bin/devVideoInput.cgi?action=getFocusStatus
Set Zoom/Focus via URL: 10.0.0.65/cgi-bin/devVideoInput.cgi?action=adjustFocus&focus=0.952824&zoom=1.000000
Set Day Mode via URL: 10.0.0.65/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInMode[0].Config[0]=0
Set Night Mode via URL: 10.0.0.65/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInMode[0].Config[0]=1
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So wondering if there is a way to I can get the time line below to clear out. I thought after i cleared all the images from the left. THe 2 there now are new after I removed the rest. I thought the trigger info below the screen would also be cleared out. You know of a way to clear that while clearing all the data from the left.
Screenshot (124).png
Screenshot (124).png (2.1 MiB) Viewed 3980 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

So I just answered you in detail just to have my post vanish with instructions to login again while I was already logged in. This is starting to seriously piss me off.

Toggle the clips and timeline on or off using their respective icons at the upper left.

Overlays are an entire subject. They will be present when viewing clips for obvious reasons whether recorded or not. They aren't necessarily included when encoding/exporting final files unless selected to be in various configuration locations including the camera itself.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

As possible points of interest for enhanced clip viewng flexibility, the calender icon does what you would expect it to do. Click it and pick a day -- or month depending on your storage capacity.

The icon next to the calender allows for selecting a single camera to occupy the entire clip column with 24hrs. of its particular clips for very convenient and rapid cruising. Just click the camera view in the desktop display window and then click the 'selected camera only' icon to activate the feature. Repeat for other cameras. Toggle it off when finished and the clips window (column) will again be populated with 'all clips'..., or whatever category of clips is selected from the drop down menu available at the top of the clips window.

The main playback (clip viewer) window also offers considerable flexibility once familiarized with its features. Everything at once to a single camera to whatever is selected from the groups feature.

Then there's the customization of the desktop window display itself if desired to be used for general live monitoring or to conveniently view or sequence different groups or cameras.

There's a lot going on. Getting the hang of it doesn't happen without some effort put into the learning curve.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thank you for all the input.
Be Safe.