How to test that Bi is detecting Motion or IVS events

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Pogo

Re: How to test that Bi is detecting Motion or IVS events

Post by Pogo »

Lastly and probably most importantly, and in concunction with Direct to Disk, is selecting the appropriate GPU as the default for all camera configurations. This is done in the main BI settings panel under Cameras and is then automatically applied to each new camera configuration. Straight up Intel is what you want. This will establish Quick Sync GPU hardware acceleration resulting in an additional reduction in CPU load -- by a lot. I run 20 cameras on an i7 4790 at an average of 12% ~ 15% utilization. Your big gun processor won't even know it's plugged in. LOL
Intel HA.jpg
Intel HA.jpg (111.62 KiB) Viewed 3940 times
I know this is tl;dr on a whole different level, but hopefully it will help somewhat as you keep bumpin' along with BI. Once you get a handle on how it can fit into your existing setups you'll be a monster with it.

(OK. Not such a condensed version after all. Oops. LOL)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well still haven't moved it over to the other PC yet. Thank you I see where I went wrong with the camera setup. Thank you again for the Detailed replies.. It hasn't been that big of a deal seeing they are going to NVR's and just really toying around with Bi so I have better understanding of the software side of things.. To be honest, ASP is much easier to use with all my devices and things work as expected for the most part with very little PC time.

I did get the new PC on the 10th. One of the reason I was AFK most of the day,
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Pogo Question for you. I had my AI setup on my BI with my main road. It was working fine. However I seen the record was almost like full time. I mean it had some # events and if I click the list it will play back only the cars. but the line below was just full. So I un-checked the Motion thinking that it would turn off motion and leave on AI events. However after a reboot I notice that the events stop even AI so for AI to work the Motion has to be turned on? I think you said you are not using Code Project AI so not sure. Just wondering if AI and Motion can be setup 1 from another?

Edit: looking in Canceled events. There are about 10 1 second clips that says AI Error 404..
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I've tried responding several times this evening only to be told to login even though I'm already logged in. I'll try a PM.

edit: Looks like I may be back in business on both fronts.

Will try to get back with you later.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Motion (or some other form of input) is required to trigger an AI event in BI -- from what I understand.

I don't use AI myself. All I know for sure is everything I've read about CPAI seems to be discussing how it breaks an otherwise perfectly functioning Blue Iris setup in the never ending quest for zero false alerts for anything except blue cars with whitewalls or the Amazon logo on a truck with a specific license plate.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You don't happen to know how to setup rules In Bi that I can set different zoom or focus on a camera. I have a camera that at night requires a different focus point then in the Color Day time? I am not sure if you have done this with any of your PTZ cameras or not? normally my cameras are able to focus without an issue. However my Second Hikvision NVR blew up and so I had my Son pack my cameras and NVR from the NW and I right now have my 4216E-AI NVR and 8 AI cameras there in the place. So one of my newer Hikvision PTZ cameras don't focus well in the night time. I was able to setup in my NVR the ability to focus the PTZ different for day/night. I think you mentioned this to me at some point a while ago. Or maybe someone did when I was working with my 4mp Hikvision Mini PTZ until I found it had a better close focal point. While my 5mp 20x zoom PTZ has the option it only offers 1 setting for it at 2m. It is longer distance to the area of interest and the issue is that it focuses on item behind area I want it to focus on.

Here are 2 pictures of the area. One is at 1x and the other is at 11x. In the 11x you can see the focus is behind the feeder and would like to have focus at the feeder.
Screenshot (107).png
Screenshot (107).png (913.68 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
Screenshot (108).png
Screenshot (108).png (708.81 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

However it is a color at night camera as well as IR at night. It works well with the White Lights and zoom/Focus is at the right point in color. Only issue is this cameras White LEDS are very bright at night and would rather just use the IR until trigger when it turns the white lights on and color.
Screenshot (109).png
Screenshot (109).png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 3805 times
Screenshot (110).png
Screenshot (110).png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 3805 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Nice images.

I wish I had a PTZ camera or two! LOL

You should be able to set up a preset for each condition and simply schedule each one accordingly (like you probably did with the NVR). You could also change a preset using a stationary camera action as a trigger.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Repositioning the camera slightly at X11 may also assist the desired focal point in IR only mode.
Last edited by Pogo on Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok I mean understand how to add Presets per setting. However there is something about ONVIFER or something where I can setup a preset and focus point. Using that program to get the data for the preset and add it to Bi?

Not just looking at setup a Preset Schedule to go to a set preset from the camera but use data of a preset to keep it predefined in Bi?

Or is this not a thing?
Screenshot (112).png
Screenshot (112).png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 3802 times
Be Safe.