Camera Glitches on BI

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Camera Glitches on BI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So yeah I know normally a common issue with me anyway if I happen to run a camera on H.265 however this one is or was running in H.264 mode. SO I am wondering if there is a common issue or fault in Bi when it comes to updates in the AI. I will admit that is only thing that has changed and this issue has started after doing the update with the Code Project AI..

With that said here is another issue I don't like when it comes to using BI with my cameras. While there are good things about the software there are some bad that kind of out weighs the good. After doing a update, The system has to be re-setup to even use the product. Unlike my update with my AI DVR's or NVR's after an update the settings that I had running are still running and there is no constant adding in MODULES or parts like you have to and then need to tweak the settings all over again to get the recordings to even start recording good again. The Good news for BI is that the Canceled record is still there just have to find it differently.

Anyway only issue of this type right now on any recorded footage is in BI, No issues with FTP or recorded footage on any of the NVR's with this camera so that is why I think it is an issue with Bi someone know where to look in BI to see if it is setup as h.265 or h.264 as I can't seem to locate that info in the Cameras info for BI?
Screenshot (750).png
Screenshot (750).png (465.66 KiB) Viewed 5751 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Re: Camera Glitches on BI

Post by Pogo »

Well, you couldn't pay me to upgrade past my warm and fuzzy v.5.7.4.2 from this past April and I'd need a gun at my head to screw it all up with CPAI. LOL

All I know is every upgrade of Bi and CPAI that I've read about for the past couple months have been nothing but disaster for otherwise working systems.

Like I've mentioned before a few times, BI is the perfect example of the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" rule. Some folks just need to learn the hard way and indeed they will sooner or later..., or just eject out of frustration in favor of something else.

Mine is rock solid and has been since my final upgrade last April before the freebies and support agreement expired. And I can do with 12 pixels at the end of my driveway what folks are spending days trying to accomplish with all the AI crap that still can't tell the difference between an Amazon truck and a dog chasing the mailman, let alone a crazy guy running through the backyard waving a license plate in the air.

I like BI for its basic functionality and flexibility..., which by itself is incredible. I personally feel it's beginning to collapse under its own weight and the developer is well beyond the point of diminishing returns with all the sideways progress when solidifying and simplifying the basic user experience is suffering tremedously as a result.

The biggest complaint I read about with Blue Iris these days is the lack of effective and prompt customer support. The 'latest stable releases' are probably why. No one available to answer the phone while they're trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place.

See how I did that? It can even bite the developer in the ass.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah don't get me wrong. There are some things like I like about BI, Then others that I just can't stand. I mean if someone has issues with an Ip camera and false alerts because of bugs and rain or snow like I do if I was just using motion only then BI can be very handy to keep them happy with a camera that is Semi Sub Par. Like lets say my 941 that I have on my front porch. Using BI with Grid action I can have a camera that would just trip on everything only record when motion is going from the grid at the road into the grid coming to my porch. I can come out the front door, grab a package and no recording is needed, However something being left or someone or something going from the road though my yard to my porch then there is capture. So this keeps it so I can also monitor that channel without worrying about capturing all cars or people across the street or passing by. I know this is also able with motion grids but again don't stop with rain snow or bugs at night or people that turn the corner and lights pass though normal grid of the camera.
So yeah it can make problem cameras very useful.

Ease of use, I have to give it to a DVR or NVR every time. Just to much to be tweaked with Bi after a update. But like you said once dialed in then it works great (most of the time I am saying). I mean I will admit as of today I am using new CPAI and the last update to Bi. first 30min I almost reverted back to last stable version, However after some glitches that was causing my computer to stutter for lack of better way to explain it, it seems to work well enough that I will leave it for now. I personally don't like there are some pauses when I try to navigate in the Bi settings right now. I did reboot my computer about 4 times but as I said as of now is working well enough that I will let it run for now. Also menu area for some of the settings have moved to different area then where they have been since I started using Bi so I have to remember to look for them settings in a different area.

Thanks for the Reply and hope all is well with you and your NVR if you are using it.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The NVR is cruising right along as both a handy shop monitor display unit and my 24/7 backup workhorse for several of my key BI cameras. Flashing the Dahau firmware was an improvement in several areas, though I couldn't get email notifications set up using the Gmail SMTP server(s). Didn't go nuts trying and will give it another shot one of these days.

Would also like to see how an IVS camera would perform given the availability of the added AI feature. I also wonder if it only supports Dahua/Amcrest IVS cameras or actually implements enough ONVIF capability to recognize any IVS camera with corresponding ONVIF capability. Would be cool if it does! (I do realize the unit itself has no IVS capability.)

Been meaning to ask if you've ever flashed Dahau firmware to one of the AMDV8/16 DVRs? I remember you saying it can be done but is a one way ticket with no option for returning to Amcrest..., presumably either by preference or due to a failed attempt of the flashing process itself. I guess the question there is whether the process is as smooth as with the 4108 or if there's a major chance of bricking the AMDVM trying to make it a Dahua. I also wonder if there may be additional ONVIF elements in the Dahua firmware. Been reading about Profile S devices and how sparse or feature rich it can be and still be considered officially ONVIF compliant since there are both mandatory and optional features with the 'standard'.

Regardless of any of the above, the NV4108 and both DVM8s all come back to Blue Iris as the central management piece for all the associated cameras. It's an incredibly simple solution for access to everything in one convenient and very flexible and powerful PC based network surveillance system..., once I finally got it set up right! LOL
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So yes the Amcrest or Dahua or what ever the Dahua family will work AI based off the Dahua platform. Like I have some IcRealtime AI cameras that work because they were based off the Dahua platform. However my Hikvision AI cameras don't work on my Amcrest AI or my Dahua AI NVR's outside of the normal Connection to the NVR and motion.

So I did have a POE Hikvision NVR for my LPR and my VCA enabled Hikvision AI cameras however last year or earlier this year, time has flown by but I think it was last year now the NVR died and the unit over heated causing the CPU to fail past repair. So now that location has my 4216E-AI NVR just the Mini AI cameras I have there are only recording to MicroSD for VCA events now and recorder is setup with AI cameras from Amcrest to help them fit with AI events. Because if you setup lets say camera 18 to work as AI static camera for PTZ camera 5 and make it record on events of the Amcrest AI camera then the recorder will place an AI event tag for Camera 5 even though it wasn't the channel that caused the event to start. However gives me an easier place to look for events at the AI level rather then having to look through all the motion events for the channel.

About Dahua FW on Amcrest cameras or devices not something that would be supported by Amcrest or abled to be talked about in Open Forum. There are other forums where people talk about doing so.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Amcrest has support for their own firmware?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So system just removed all recorded data starting fresh at 245 not much showing on recorded footage. Here is a picture of 9 cameras connected to Bi, 5 of them are working in H.265 Only issue is a few updates ago there was an issue with CPU going to 100%, I was using GPU on another computer and thought maybe doing AI that would help and it didn't So while I have AI still working off a second server on my Network I have it disabled for AI at this time. Still drives 100% on AI events. When just monitoring it is stable back at 3% even when doing just normal motion events that gets recorded to nothing found area the system is about 21% at that time it is only when doing AI that it hits 100% CPU.. I have been toying with the update idea to the newest AI and BI just hurts when I do that I have to turn all that back on after the fact lol.

Raining I know lens facing up to much that is why the water is hitting the lens. Not greatest area for install but works for my needs 95% of the time
Screenshot (1243).png
Screenshot (1243).png (2.15 MiB) Viewed 3500 times
Be Safe.