Blue Iris setup of doorbell AD110

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
eganders

Blue Iris setup of doorbell AD110

Post by eganders »

I have set up my video doorbell (AD110) with the iPhone app and with Alexa on the Amazon Show. No problem...

I have a Blue Iris security system with 8 cameras, 2 of which are Amcrest --no problem--. I have not been able to make the AD110 work with Blue Iris. I used the password that I established, but I am not sure about the user name. I know that Amcrest is fixated with "admin", but I recall during setup that it asked for a user name and all I can remember is that I entered my email. I am sure it is not using that, but during this doorbell setup I don't remember it confirming the admin user name. That may be the problem. I am asking...

Has anyone successfully set up the AD110 in Blue Iris? Amcrest has a link that shows the setup procedure and I followed it to the letter and I am getting a blank screen in Blue Iris. No problem with the other apps.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Blue Iris setup of doorbell AD110

Post by Revo2Maxx »

As I am sure you may have already read in the Forums that people outside of the Smart Home app trying to make setting changes in other apps have bricked the Doorbell camera... To the Point that RMA and had to be returned and replaced...

With that said.. I am not sure. I have setup in my DVR's and Nvr's and always use admin as the user name... Setting ONVIF as type outside of Amcrest devices and Private within Amcrest devices... 37777 is still the port as with out Amcrest. While I don't have Blue Iris I am sure it would be just as you set up your other devices from Amcrest on BI
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

eganders wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:54 pm I have set up my video doorbell (AD110) with the iPhone app and with Alexa on the Amazon Show. No problem...

I have a Blue Iris security system with 8 cameras, 2 of which are Amcrest --no problem--. I have not been able to make the AD110 work with Blue Iris. I used the password that I established, but I am not sure about the user name. I know that Amcrest is fixated with "admin", but I recall during setup that it asked for a user name and all I can remember is that I entered my email. I am sure it is not using that, but during this doorbell setup I don't remember it confirming the admin user name. That may be the problem. I am asking...

Has anyone successfully set up the AD110 in Blue Iris? Amcrest has a link that shows the setup procedure and I followed it to the letter and I am getting a blank screen in Blue Iris. No problem with the other apps.
Did you get it to work? I cannot get the local IP page to load the camera login. At first I thought maybe because it was on a different subnet in my UniFi network but then changed it to be on the same subnet and still could not get the local webpage to load.

BlueIris finds the camera IP just fine but won't let me log in. I cannot log in via the Amcrest IP Config App either (terrible name for the app because Windows has the same thing, it should be IP DISCOVERY TOOL, but that's a topic for another discussion).
jack7

Post by jack7 »

There is no Web UI for AD110. Only use Amcrest Smart Home app to change AD110 settigs. Trying to use any other software to change AD110 settings could destroy the camera.
Blue Iris setup: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -Blue-Iris
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @Sammy and welcome to the forum. do not use the amcrest ipcofig tool with the ad110 because this particular legacy tool can fatally brick the doorbell to the point even the reset button does not work. use only the amcrest smart home app with smart home line of cameras.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

amcrest168 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:56 am hi @Sammy and welcome to the forum. do not use the amcrest ipcofig tool with the ad110 because this particular legacy tool can fatally brick the doorbell to the point even the reset button does not work. use only the amcrest smart home app with smart home line of cameras.
Okay. Thank you. I will no longer do that but that still doesn't fix the issue with me being able to connect it to BlueIris. Is it not possible to connect to the camera via the web GUI at its ip address either? Isn't that how BlueIris connects?

I am still awaiting a response to ticket number 333387 on this issue BTW. I got the doorbell to specifically to use with BlueIris.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@Sammy, the ad110 doorbell does not have a web GUI. you connect the doorbell in blue iris via rtsp.
blue_iris_RTSP.PNG
blue_iris_RTSP.PNG (33.52 KiB) Viewed 16274 times
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

amcrest168 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:31 pm @Sammy, the ad110 doorbell does not have a web GUI. you connect the doorbell in blue iris via rtsp.
blue_iris_RTSP.PNG
Hmm.. Maybe I was using HTTP protocol. I'll try again. Is the Password the same as the one I use in the app or did I mess up and forget my password and need to reset the camera to start over?

Something totally different: Is there a wedge kit for this device? I see all of my door and very little of my porch.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

ip address is doorbell's ip assigned at your home network. you can make a dhcp reservation for your doorbell from your home network router with the doorbell's mac id if you have not done so. the password is your doorbell's password; not the password to the smart home app. you will need to start over from scratch if you have forgotten the doorbell's password.

there is no oem wedge kit for the ad110 doorbell but you can fashion either a wood wedge or re-purpose a door shim to your application. there are also 3d printed wedge that may fit your application,https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4081201

there had been some noises about amcrest releasing a wedge mount kit but hold your breath at your own risk. ;)
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Hmm. I thought it was natively on port 80 which shouldn't need port forwarding. Is it actually port 8999?

I'l give that a whirl. Nice that their instructions don't mention this but I should have caught it myself.